Barnes gets contract extension through 2026-2027

Who said anything about an upgrade? Just someone who can actually get things done in the big dance.
Pitino ( I know it wont happen but hes a sure fire upgrade.)
Dan Hurley( I think he would jump, TN is a better job than Uconn)
Brian Dutcher (A clear talent pool upgrade for him.)
Scott Nagy ( Needs more talent)
Then there's the easy answer in Forbes. He needs to be in Knox before hes somewhere else beating our heads in.
I posted a list last night. Read the thread
Lol give it a rest

Reactions: BisonVol
We aren’t and never have been a basketball school lol

Unless you’re talking about women’s ball.
Every non vol fan I know tell me we're a basketball school now that Tenn has been a tournament team for 10+ years and the football team sucks.

People see us as a basketball school. Therefore I stand by my statement.

Reactions: Big time vol
Waste of time to read your “list”. Barnes is going nowhere until he decides to retire. Enjoy.

So basically ignore the fact that Barnes is one of the highest paid coaches and hasn’t achieved hardly anything here. He can just continue to fail and it’s all good? So does that same logic apply to Josh Heupel?

Reactions: Big time vol
So basically ignore the fact that Barnes is one of the highest paid coaches and hasn’t achieved hardly anything here. He can just continue to fail and it’s all good? So does that same logic apply to Josh Heupel?
Hasn’t achieved hardly anything? We have one elite 8 in our history and Barnes just won the SECT something we haven’t done since 1979. Its not like we have a rich history of success lol and Heupel is in year 2 of his tenure…you are reaching a considerable amount here

No he isn’t. Barnes is a better recruiter. Mussleman played Duke really close and has made it to consecutive elite 8s. How man consecutive elite 8 appearances does Barnes have here?
Really close? They were down double digits the entire second half except for a brief window of time early in the half. They were down 18 with 6 minutes to go. Not arguing with your assessment of Mussleman, but one of your supporting points is just flat wrong.

Shaheen Holloway comes to mind.
Good grief, I swear some of you are such prisoners of the moment.

Not to disparage Holloway, but how many of these under-the-radar coaches have their flash in the pan, get the big job, and then flame out? You all act like this moment in time is an immediate guarantee of future success, when in fact, the NCAAT is largely based on luck and good fortune.

Two weeks ago, maybe 5 people on this board could have told you who Shaheen Holloway was. It isn't like he had built up this impenetrable coaching profile. He's 64-56 as a head coach with 1 NCAAT appearance. Sure, he's grossly overachieved in that appearance, but his profile is built on a house of cards, so far.

Really close? They were down double digits the entire second half except for a brief window of time early in the half. They were down 18 with 6 minutes to go. Not arguing with your assessment of Mussleman, but one of your supporting points is just flat wrong.

Duke only won by 9 points. So no my point wasn’t wrong. A 9 point loss is hanging tough with a superior team.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t win it all

If the salaries of the coaches were equal, then you would be correct. But Barnes makes 1 million more per year and has went deeper in the tourney than Barnes has. Yes it most certainly matters. It shows progress and a teams ability to perform in the toughest moments. Using your logic there are only a few head coaches in college basketball that are any good.

VN Store

Back