Who do you trust more?

Rick Barnes

OR

A. A guy run off from FSU for banging staff members
B. A guy who cussed out Mark Richt
C. A guy who calls Rush "Side Family" Probst a mentor
D. A guy who tries to fight Mark Richt
E. A guy who got caught cheating

He also requested the preservation of documents related to Volunteers basketball coach Rick Barnes, former athletic director Phillip Fulmer, former football assistant coaches, specific boosters and other individuals.

Barnes responded Tuesday, criticizing Pruitt's actions.

"I'm really disappointed that Jeremy would throw people's names around that he knows did nothing but support him the entire time he was here and make these unsubstantiated claims," Barnes told ESPN. "I would invite the NCAA to come in any day of the week and investigate our program. I have too much respect for our players, our school and our administration for somebody to ever think we were not doing things right here and make such ridiculous statements.

"Jeremy is not here because of the decisions he made and the way he led his program. Here's what I know: Our university has done everything it possibly can in working with the NCAA to clean up the mess he left behind and bring this to closure."

It all goes back to fulmer man. How the hell we let him back in the building amd let him make this hire is so freaking bizarre. How in the hell he sat there in an interview with Pruitt and thought ya this is who I want to be the face of our football program is criminal. I know it wasn’t always this way but you’ve got to question is fulmer as dumb as Pruitt. Pruitt would say thing like the ru done this and we wuz in position but they done gooder than we done there…I mean my god. Just glad it’s over. Please god never let idiots run our football program again.

It all goes back to fulmer man. How the hell we let him back in the building amd let him make this hire is so freaking bizarre. How in the hell he sat there in an interview with Pruitt and thought ya this is who I want to be the face of our football program is criminal. I know it wasn’t always this way but you’ve got to question is fulmer as dumb as Pruitt. Pruitt would say thing like the ru done this and we wuz in position but they done gooder than we done there…I mean my god. Just glad it’s over. Please god never let idiots run our football program again.

I was in favor of Fulmer being the AD because the Haslam’s got Currie hired in the back door. While Currie probably would have been ok, he was dumb as hell with his most important hire. He used Gruden as a smokescreen to offer Schiano. Because we were right in the middle of a coaching hire after Currie was terminated, there wasn’t much time to bring in another AD. But Fulmer should have just been an interim.

In hindsight, Fulmer made a terrible hire. Mel Tucker is doing well at Michigan State. Maybe he would have been better than Pruitt, but I am still not convinced he was the long term answer at UT.

I already liked Rick Barnes well enough but now I'm ready to go to war for the guy. I can't really do much war, I'm not in my 20s, but sometime during a home game this year I'm going to be yelling but then I'll think "RICK BARNES IS AWESOME" and yell louder than I normally would.

Hey Jeremy,how is the asparagus in the big city?And how many service staff.have asked you "What the he'll is a grit?" .Miss.ole.bammy once again?

Sorry I started a thread with the same article in the football forum...My bad lol...Continue parties

What do you really expect Pruitt to do. He is going to fight for his money anyone would. The problem I have is with the administration they knew this would happen and should have settled with him long ago. If this goes to court Tennessee is in trouble when all the dirty secrets come out.

Who do you trust more?

Rick Barnes

OR

A. A guy run off from FSU for banging staff members
B. A guy who cussed out Mark Richt
C. A guy who calls Rush "Side Family" Probst a mentor
D. A guy who tries to fight Mark Richt
E. A guy who got caught cheating
Tennessee does not want this to go to court and everything becomes public. Not speaking mainly on Barnes but the entire university. Everyone breaks the rules at every college in some form or fashion. If this goes to court things will be revealed that's going to surprise many of you.

Reactions: beamerman
Tennessee does not want this to go to court and everything becomes public. Not speaking mainly on Barnes but the entire university. Everyone breaks the rules at every college in some form or fashion. If this goes to court things will be revealed that's going to surprise many of you.
Maybe so…. But Pruitt is fair game himself in court. Let’s open this book and see how it reads. UT already has a black eye. Let’s see what the chapters of UGa and Bama have to say….

It’s not like he can throw football under the bus because he was the head man in charge….

What do you really expect Pruitt to do. He is going to fight for his money anyone would. The problem I have is with the administration they knew this would happen and should have settled with him long ago. If this goes to court Tennessee is in trouble when all the dirty secrets come out.
From the article in Knoxville News Sentinel, Pruitts lawyer says he will have a “ burn down the house approach “ against Tennessee. Kind of wish we would just settle because this could get really dirty:
Lyons has represented Pruitt since his firing. On the day of Pruitt’s termination, his lawyer vowed to defend the coach against allegations of NCAA wrongdoing. His letter to UT’s general counsel this month suggests Lyons’ defense of Pruitt will include a burndown- the-house approach toward Tennessee.“If Coach Pruitt is forced to file a lawsuit,” Lyons wrote, “it is inevitable that this information will become public, embarrass UT and those associated with it, including its largest donors, and result in debilitating NCAA sanctions.”

I was in favor of Fulmer being the AD because the Haslam’s got Currie hired in the back door. While Currie probably would have been ok, he was dumb as hell with his most important hire. He used Gruden as a smokescreen to offer Schiano. Because we were right in the middle of a coaching hire after Currie was terminated, there wasn’t much time to bring in another AD. But Fulmer should have just been an interim.

In hindsight, Fulmer made a terrible hire. Mel Tucker is doing well at Michigan State. Maybe he would have been better than Pruitt, but I am still not convinced he was the long term answer at UT.

The interesting thing is that Currie is doing very well at Wake Forest with his football coach, Dave Clausen (currently 6-0 for the first time since 1944) and his basketball coach, Steve Forbes. They're winning with people we fired (although Forbes has a huge rebuild ahead of him).

VN Store

Back