Barnes fires back at Pruitt allegations

It’s crazy hat he is threatening to release more info about the things that he was involved with, thinking it’ll strong-arm the administration in giving him his buy out. The information that he has would be self-incriminating.
Does he want to work in college football again?

Not only was Pruitt one of the worst decisions but seeing who the guy was/is in the aftermath, I hope he is never seen again in college football. Big underachiever at UT.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
From the article in Knoxville News Sentinel, Pruitts lawyer says he will have a “ burn down the house approach “ against Tennessee. Kind of wish we would just settle because this could get really dirty:
Lyons has represented Pruitt since his firing. On the day of Pruitt’s termination, his lawyer vowed to defend the coach against allegations of NCAA wrongdoing. His letter to UT’s general counsel this month suggests Lyons’ defense of Pruitt will include a burndown- the-house approach toward Tennessee.“If Coach Pruitt is forced to file a lawsuit,” Lyons wrote, “it is inevitable that this information will become public, embarrass UT and those associated with it, including its largest donors, and result in debilitating NCAA sanctions.”
The problem isn’t that it could get dirty, but it could drag on for a while and that will definitely effect our ability to recruit. I’d probably just settle and then hold a press conference explaining that no amount of money is too much to finally divorce from a POS like Pruitt. But that’s just me

What I find funny is that you hide behind the "prove it" moniker because you don't want to believe it. Why in the world would I want to put receipts on the internet for the NCAA to investigate and hammer the program? It makes zero sense and you as a fan wouldn't want me to do that either.

So you make a bomb-shell charge, and refuse to back it up (for whatever reason) when challenged. Why should anyone believe you? Just on your word? What is your credibility? Until you present evidence, no one has any obligation to believe you.

@Vols8086 is a known NegaBarnes, no shock he’s trying to say Barnes is out here paying for players and just as dirty as Will Wade.

Lol, I think his offense sucks and I'm not alone in that. I've stated multiple times I like almost everything else about him and his program. One fair and legitimate criticism doesn't make me NegaBarnes. But I know you struggle accepting any criticism about him and the program. Anything other than a sterling review is blasphemy.

College basketball recruiting is dirty. It has been for a while. You've got court cases on the AAU and shoe circuit. This is all well chronicled/ Honestly, I don't even think its a bombshell that we pay players. It's the standard operating procedure around the country for the big time recruits we are after and have landed in recent years. Also, he is not as dirty as Will Wade. That guy might be at the top of the list in terms of dirty college coaches, and you have to work pretty hard to get that title.

Either guys are turning down 6 figures from other schools that are known to be dirty (because every time they come up in a recruitment yall like to bring up they pay their guys) just to come play at UT and for Rick Barnes or we are just like everyone else. To assume the former takes a much larger larger leap of faith than to assume the latter. Last I'll say on it.

Whatever info they reveal, if any, won’t be different than what they‘d find at any other school. You’ll find donors working back channels to get money to recruits. The only concern that I see is that they might name some people who might not want to be in the spotlight.
If anything it might raise more questions about what goes on at other schools. If Jeremy did it here, then he most likely did it at Bama and Georgia as well. I’m sure they are following this and have some concerns of their own.

Hahahaha. This is pure comedy. You think Barnes' would be so stupid as to have illict activity taking place in his personal office on campus? Come on, man. Don't be ridiculous. Barnes' is not dropping $200k offers from his desk in TBA.
The sad thing is, he seems to really believe this. Somebody feeding him some pretty good stuff.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
I've already said one of our recent 5 star recruits got north of $200k from us. I also know that recruit asked for it in Barnes office with Barnes present.

So yes, Barnes knows. But if you want to keep burying your head in the sand and think we are landing 5 star players and are the only program not paying those guys, so be it. You think kids are turning down 6 figures just to come play here? Cmon man.

If I know these things then I'm sure Pruitt knows a lot more than I do.
Troll on.....I am sure Barnes words were take a walk. Must be a Kentucky Fan.........

My high school quarterback is qn assistant on the team. The basketball team isn't doing anything underhanded.

It all goes back to fulmer man. How the hell we let him back in the building amd let him make this hire is so freaking bizarre. How in the hell he sat there in an interview with Pruitt and thought ya this is who I want to be the face of our football program is criminal. I know it wasn’t always this way but you’ve got to question is fulmer as dumb as Pruitt. Pruitt would say thing like the ru done this and we wuz in position but they done gooder than we done there…I mean my god. Just glad it’s over. Please god never let idiots run our football program again.

Pruitt was another country sounding backwoods dude that resonated with Fulmer. Someone he could see in his hometown with hunting boots on.

Whatever info they reveal, if any, won’t be different than what they‘d find at any other school. You’ll find donors working back channels to get money to recruits. The only concern that I see is that they might name some people who might not want to be in the spotlight.
If anything it might raise more questions about what goes on at other schools. If Jeremy did it here, then he most likely did it at Bama and Georgia as well. I’m sure they are following this and have some concerns of their own.

Also Florida State, Bama doesn't want to uncover anything they're rolling. All may come up in Discovery if it gets that far.

It’s crazy hat he is threatening to release more info about the things that he was involved with, thinking it’ll strong-arm the administration in giving him his buy out. The information that he has would be self-incriminating.
Does he want to work in college football again?

Correct. Just because Pruitt may (I use that loosely) have other evidence of wrongdoing doesn't absolve him from his actions and effect whether or not UT breached its contract.

Somebody needs to make sure this attorney and Pruitt know about this case:
Michael Avenatti, the bombastic lawyer known for representing the adult film actor and producer Stormy Daniels in lawsuits against Donald Trump, was sentenced on Thursday to two and a half years in prison for attempting to extort up to $25m from the sportswear company Nike.

See my post from yesterday. It can be distinguished.

Correct. Just because Pruitt may (I use that loosely) have other evidence of wrongdoing doesn't absolve him from his actions and effect whether or not UT breached its contract.
That’s the funniest thing about Pruitt’s strong-arm tactics. He doesn’t want it to go to court anymore than Tennessee does. If it makes it to court, Pruitt only further incriminates himself or risks perjuring himself. There is no way for him to prove he was wrongfully terminated. Slinging mud elsewhere doesn’t absolve him from his actions. He’s simply hoping Tennessee finds more value in keeping him quiet than they do in going to court and exposing the skeletons. The fatal flaw by Pruitt’s attorney was showing too much of his hand, publicly, too soon.

Reactions: LoudOrange
That’s the funniest thing about Pruitt’s strong-arm tactics. He doesn’t want it to go to court anymore than Tennessee does. If it makes it to court, Pruitt only further incriminates himself or risks perjuring himself. There is no way for him to prove he was wrongfully terminated. Slinging mud elsewhere doesn’t absolve him from his actions. He’s simply hoping Tennessee finds more value in keeping him quiet than they do in going to court and exposing the skeletons. The fatal flaw by Pruitt’s attorney was showing too much of his hand, publicly, too soon.

I think that Pruitt’s attorney is banking on TN fans pressuring the administration to avoid further embarrassment after mustard-gate. I thought that throwing **** at Kiffin was idiotic but I also don’t give a damn about how the national media is attempting to spin it. Don’t give the Gump one more dime. Don’t pay a ransom for that clown’s silence. I think that it would be hilarious if we done gets to put him under oath.

Reactions: cardvolfan
It's actually hilarious some of yall think Barnes is squeaky clean. Yall really think he's pulling kids over Duke Unc Kansas etc.... without something extra? That's hilarious

VN Store

Back