Banks to NFL- opting out of Orange Bowl

Good luck Mr. Banks. Wish you success in your NFL career. I choose to celebrate your contributions on the field for our Vols and not dwell on your issues off the field. I wish your legacy could have been more positive.

I was against his return because he would be a time bomb that could go off anytime, then I had to eat crow as he really impressed all with his relentless approach and toughness. He was becoming my favorite player because of his intensity, a complete reversal of his early days in the program, then the bomb went off.

I wish him the best but think that the combine will show he lacks speed and will be lucky to be a late round pick. Most likely an UDFA. Tough kid, but not what they are looking for at the next level. Also, if he was causing locker room issues it's best he leave.

SIAP- looks like Banks’ career as a Vol has come to an end.

Most importantly, Merry Christmas to all! Safe travels to those away from home. Enjoy time with friends and family - Stay warm.

Go Vols & Merry Christmas!
Tennessee is going in to this game with so many key players missing. Sucks to be getting a chance to play Clemson without so many not suiting up.

Reactions: vol94
And you can bank on his haters continuing to hate on him after he is gone. And even if he ends up being a big time, big money-making player in the NFL. You can bet your house on that and win.
He played undisciplined most of his career here getting dumb penalties I will admit he did improve and get better from his freshman season but he was too much of a distraction and a me first guy. Next man up

Last edited:
I'm so happy. I don't care if we win the dang orange bowl. It's good pub for recruits to see that we can be relevant. I do hope dabo breaks an Achilles tendon while he's running up and down the sideline though. Love to see that man in pain. Makes me move. It moved Jerry.
. It’s not very Christian to wish a bad injury on someone and on Christmas at that.

Reactions: Raebo
While I partially agree, the pass defense has been terrible all year against any team with an offensive pulse. Maybe not having the distraction changes things but Banks being on the field doesn't change much.
Some effort would’ve changed a lot.

I was against his return because he would be a time bomb that could go off anytime, then I had to eat crow as he really impressed all with his relentless approach and toughness. He was becoming my favorite player because of his intensity, a complete reversal of his early days in the program, then the bomb went off.

It didn’t go off. It’s a lot more complicated than people are making it. His bad moment with the police was a pretty big deal. As you said, he recovered from that. The things that happened this season were not a big deal, but the timing was terrible. He didn’t make perfect choices, but there’s a lot more gray than people know. Hope the team does well without him, and I hope he does well in life.

If you believe, as tennesseeduke does....then perhaps you should consider replacing Coach Heupel ASAP. Jeremy Banks was Captain of our defense. If Coach Heupel allowed that, and regarding the team.. "all of them" are glad he's gone...you gotta ask what's wrong with our Head Coach.
I have supported Jeremy throughout his career at Tennessee. He definitely has had problems off the field, no question and even my own support has wavered a bit. At the end of the day...or, if true...at the end of his career at Tennessee...I'm glad he played at Tennessee.
As to his future....I have ZERO interest in NFL Football, NONE whatsoever. If he's playing there I won't be aware, nor care.
I wish him well in his future.
He recently, meaning the past few months became a non team player beginning just before SC game. Could have cost UT that game and the playoffs by getting left in Knoxville, and causing the TEAM to be not focused on the task at hand and him missing from the middle of the D. He changed for some reason, whether NIL deals or who knows, but something happened and went back to his antics and it cost the TEAM. So that’s why they ALL would want him gone!

A lot of people on here that seem to bash Banks a lot, while he has made some horrible mistakes, he seemed to turn it around and at least turn into a very solid player. I can think of 4 former star players over the last 20 years that straight up killed somebody that haven’t gotten this much grief.

Reactions: Raebo
Been our best defensive player for the last few years! Hope we don't give up 63 pts next week. You can like him or not, but he played really hard every time! Wish we had more like him!!! Very few give their All for Tennessee, Banks did!!!

Reactions: bornbleddinorange
The thought process and advice behind kids with little to no draft stock sitting out games is baffling to me. Just awful. But hey, everyone is NFL ready.

Aside from that, I do think Banks is the kind of guy that will still be very supportive and involved with the program down the road. I’m thankful for his part in the turn around.

Reactions: OllVol

VN Store

Back