Banks to NFL- opting out of Orange Bowl

I don’t think he’s eligible for the bowl and wouldn’t be eligible for next season.

He is rated in the mid 400s by most draft mocks and there’s only 259 picks. He may get an UDFA deal but I can’t think he gets much of one. If he had remained at RB I believe he would have had a better career but he scared Pruitt’s staff with ball security. I would venture to say he’s played his last down in a game that counts.

I do wish him the best.

The guy needs a positive male influence in his life right now because he is not able to count on himself to always make the right choices.

I had heard he was academically ineligible, but hoped the info was wrong.
A member kept insisting he graduated, so hoped it was true.
He just walked to receive a blank paper, I guess.

Banks is not making up a 25 point deficit.
Banks was a distraction. One or two stops and that game is a different ballgame. Our defense just surrendered late in the game. Half the players had given up at kickoff. Carolina went from one of the worst offensive teams in the conference to scoring a TD on every single possession.

Let me rephrase. Banks is not going to make a big enough difference to make them score 25 less points. He is a solid LB. That's it.

Well we shut out Vanderbilt the following week when he was there. So I kind of think he could have...

You shouldn't say definitively that he wouldn't have made a difference. That's being a bit naive. You can't just replace the leader of the defense and not expect repercussions.

Way to kick someone when they are not here.Jeremy had some problems his first year with authorities,but,that seemed to be in the past.Sometimes too excited on the field with late hits.That got better with time.He would be around the ball,and,would deliver punishing hits.I hope he gets a shot at the "bigs". Good luck,Jeremy,in your future.Thanks for being a VFL.

Good. The university should have moved him a few years ago due to his unfortunate actions that don’t align with the culture if this university and fans.
Pull the dockers out of your ass. He’s a middle linebacker in the SEC, not a damn insurance salesman. It takes people with a different mindset to play this sport at this level and not get themselves killed.

Congrats to Banks hope he has a great career and reps the Vols well. Haters gonna hate.

And you can bank on his haters continuing to hate on him after he is gone. And even if he ends up being a big time, big money-making player in the NFL. You can bet your house on that and win.

My question is how many players are glad he's finally gone?
All of them!
If you believe, as tennesseeduke does....then perhaps you should consider replacing Coach Heupel ASAP. Jeremy Banks was Captain of our defense. If Coach Heupel allowed that, and regarding the team.. "all of them" are glad he's gone...you gotta ask what's wrong with our Head Coach.
I have supported Jeremy throughout his career at Tennessee. He definitely has had problems off the field, no question and even my own support has wavered a bit. At the end of the day...or, if true...at the end of his career at Tennessee...I'm glad he played at Tennessee.
As to his future....I have ZERO interest in NFL Football, NONE whatsoever. If he's playing there I won't be aware, nor care.
I wish him well in his future.

SIAP- looks like Banks’ career as a Vol has come to an end.

Most importantly, Merry Christmas to all! Safe travels to those away from home. Enjoy time with friends and family - Stay warm.

Go Vols & Merry Christmas!

South Carolina game all over again. We about to get boat raced.

Has he been practicing with the team and they had been expecting him to play up until now?

And you can bank on his haters continuing to hate on him after he is gone. And even if he ends up being a big time, big money-making player in the NFL. You can bet your house on that and win.

So, if he becomes an NFL star, that's enough for the "haters" to change their mind?

Hater 1 year from now - " Banks just intercepted a pass against the Jets. I think I like him now"

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat

VN Store

Back