BAMMER DOWN

How about we stop with the whole “we will never be on top until Alabama and Georgia fall off” defeatist mentality bit, and just keep focusing on elevating our own game. What do you think Georgia just did? We’re not dependent on other teams’ fates, any more than Smart needed Saban to retire. Put on more steam. And probably a bunch of money tbh 🤣

No it was Florida and Bama and then UGA was just kinda there but now they have something to show for what would've been just a few good seasons. Something more than a vision to sell to recruits.
No, Georgia has been to Atlanta three out of the last four SEC championships games. UGA was only recently there if you are the kind of person to use "kinda" has a a word.
Florida hasn't won it all since Tebow was in college and Georgia has been building up year after year in recruiting and on the field progress. You said "just a few good seasons" yet, when in the hell is making Championship games "just a few good seasons?" To me, the 3 SEC championships games, two CFB appearances, and wins at the Sugar, Peach, and Rose bowl are more than "good seasons".

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
The torch has been passed to Georgia...They will become even more of a powerhouse with the talent in the state of Georgia...Saban won't take this very well...LOL

Never underestimate Kirby Smart’s ability to screw things up. It took playing an Alabama team with about 5 starters out, including best WRs, for him to win it.

For us. I'm a silver lining kind of guy. We were a patchwork quilt of a team this year and we were in it with Bammer till the 4th quarter. Their last 5 games, they have not looked like Defending National Champs. Hopefully it's a begining of a slide Tuscalooser. Maybe it's just a small crack in their armor. But it doesn't hurt to hope for the future. GBO !

I realize they had another great recruiting class but so have their last 3 or 10 and there seems to be a lack of outstanding depth. No backups like Harris, Jacobs at RB, nothing appearing to be special at WR (they sensed that last summer when they took Williams) & defensive backfield isn’t near what it’s been in years past.

All that said, you’ve gotta be able to block them and win the critical downs. Ga did in 2nd half.

The sky is not falling… TN fans thought after our NC in 1998 we’d own the east and other fanbases alike. College football takes many turns and twists from year to year. One major injury, or locker room issues can cause a season to turn.

The only coach I’ve seen in the game manage distractions and changes from year to year without missing a beat is Saban.

Now, if Kirby plays for and wins the NC again next year I’ll believe he’s the real deal. Right now he mirrors Fulmer more than Saban though in my opinion.
No we didn’t. As long as Spurrier was in the swamp we knew it would be difficult.

Never underestimate Kirby Smart’s ability to screw things up. It took playing an Alabama team with about 5 starters out, including best WRs, for him to win it.

I think this is probably a true statement 4, or 5 years ago, but he has pulled together a pretty good staff, and is recruiting lights out at the moment...Also understand about Bama's injuries, but UGA won the title with a former walk on as QB...He should have no problems getting a top QB going forward...

UGA has recruited will lately but they lose a lot to the draft this year. They may have 9 defensive starters drafted this year. Their freshman TE is the only key skill player they have coming back on offense and they lose the left side of their OL. They have talent in the cupboard and they will get some plug and play guys from the portal but it’s going to take awhile for them to figure out if they have all the pieces to repeat. Downside for Vols is we play them at a point in the season where they should be gelling if they’re going to.
They probably beat us at home next year but have to outscore us. TN hasn't been buried as many seem to think.

Unfortunately, Georgia will be the new king of the hill for the foreseeable future...
Idk. Saban has really been the only coach that has proven he can change players, change staff, etc and win every year. I just don’t see Kirby being that guy, just don’t see him being that good of an in game coach. Georgia was absolutely loaded this year; they will always be very talented going forward as well but idk if we see a defense like this one anytime soon.

I think this is probably a true statement 4, or 5 years ago, but he has pulled together a pretty good staff, and is recruiting lights out at the moment...Also understand about Bama's injuries, but UGA won the title with a former walk on as QB...He should have no problems getting a top QB going forward...
He’s had no problems getting a top QB at any point. He’s just completely incompetent at managing the position usually.

He’s had no problems getting a top QB at any point. He’s just completely incompetent at managing the position usually.
Yes, the QB position has been mismanaged somewhat...He had 3 five star QBs in Fields, Fromm and Eason, and picked the wrong one from a national title standpoint. IF he had kept Fields, the outcomes may have been different...

499944.gif

It's definitely going to get tougher on the Gumps the next few years. I can see a scenario where Saban is gone within a few years here. It's going to wear on him.. The down or not so dominate cycle has started for bubba.

It's definitely going to get tougher on the Gumps the next few years. I can see a scenario where Saban is gone within a few years here. It's going to wear on him.. The down or not so dominate cycle has started for bubba.

If Williams doesn’t go down they probably win another title. They’re just really young at WR right now

I live in huntsville and put up with gumps all year. I need some good gifs/memes disparaging the commies on this loss to lob across the fence.

The torch has been passed to Georgia...They will become even more of a powerhouse with the talent in the state of Georgia...Saban won't take this very well...LOL

Don't forget the money, the money, not all Ga. kids will get enough money from Ga to stay in their "beloved home state". (I expect many kids do not "be love" their Ga. home state). No, the money will talk and the kids will walk.

To be honest, isn't that Sabans fault...not having his kids ready when needed? Ga played a lot of freshmen tonight that actually did their part.

I wouldn't waste any breath declaring this is the start of anything for Georgia or the end of anything for Alabama. We may not even know right now who's in our division next year, if Oklahoma and Texas show up early. And Georgia's schedule next year in a worst-case sort of pods scenario could have them play Florida, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Reactions: DickeyD

VN Store

Back