BAMMER DOWN

The torch has been passed to Georgia...They will become even more of a powerhouse with the talent in the state of Georgia...Saban won't take this very well...LOL

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
No it was Florida and Bama and then UGA was just kinda there but now they have something to show for what would've been just a few good seasons. Something more than a vision to sell to recruits.
The sky is not falling… TN fans thought after our NC in 1998 we’d own the east and other fanbases alike. College football takes many turns and twists from year to year. One major injury, or locker room issues can cause a season to turn.

The only coach I’ve seen in the game manage distractions and changes from year to year without missing a beat is Saban.

Now, if Kirby plays for and wins the NC again next year I’ll believe he’s the real deal. Right now he mirrors Fulmer more than Saban though in my opinion.

This makes 3 different SEC teams to win the natty in 3 years. I think you can go back 50 years and you likely won’t find any other conference that has 3 Different NC winners period...much less 3 in a row. Ga had an exceptional year and they earned their natty. But I still would not be too smug if I were a fan of Ga because they defeated a very depleted Bama team. You can stick a very tiny asterisk next to that win.

This is the worse scenario for Tennessee. Kirby starts a new dynasty and Saban refuses to quit until he wins another one. Only chance for UT to sniff Atlanta in the next decade is Kirby becomes like Fulmer. Complacent, entitled, and the program slowly erodes. My son went to UGA and I am happy for him. However I was pulling for Bama or a tie to give the Vols a chance down the road.

This is the worse scenario for Tennessee. Kirby starts a new dynasty and Saban refuses to quit until he wins another one. Only chance for UT to sniff Atlanta in the next decade is Kirby becomes like Fulmer. Complacent, entitled, and the program slowly erodes. My son went to UGA and I am happy for him. However I was pulling for Bama or a tie to give the Vols a chance down the road.

Heck, I got my masters degree at Georgia years ago and I was pulling for Bama...LOL

VN Store

Back