Bama's new coach named - Kalen DeBoer

This guy beat Lanning twice with lesser stars
Meh, that has nothing to do with familiarity of the culture and program, which Lanning had. We’ll find out. DeBoer was a good candidate and was going to get big offers, and there’s none bigger that Bama at the moment.

Meh, that has nothing to do with familiarity of the culture and program, which Lanning had. We’ll find out. DeBoer was a good candidate and was going to get big offers, and there’s none bigger that Bama at the moment.
They didn’t hire him to get familiar with the culture. They hired him to win games.

Deboer is a solid hire in my opinion but I can’t imagine having to be the guy to follow Nick Saban… He’s either got a giant pair of brass balls and is a glutton for punishment or he’s completely naive about the 7th circle of hell he is about to walk into.

Deboer is a solid hire in my opinion but I can’t imagine having to be the guy to follow Nick Saban… He’s either got a giant pair of brass balls and is a glutton for punishment or he’s completely naive about the 7th circle of hell he is about to walk into.
Yup. Everything will be under the microscope and compared to how Saban did things. Gonna be interesting for sure.

Let's hope the latter. Many flash in the pan coaches have had the good fortune of leveraging a great QB to ascend the ladder quickly... and then slide back down just as quickly.
Agreed. He'll need to get some recruiters, need to get a good DC. However, he's been a coach 9 years and lost 12 games. He'll get a small chance in the next month to sell his team and keep them from the portal. Hope he fails and we get a couple of stars from this.

I disagree. He seems like a good coach. But Sark/Lanning was the best possible scatter scenario for them, imo.

But as I continually say, it doesn't matter who they hire. They probably won't be there in 4 years.
Both Sark & Lanning are better options, IMO.

He will be good. Good isn’t good enough after Saban. Bama will be stocked with talent; they will always pull their fair share. He must be as good as Saban with a tougher schedule going forwards. I’m sure he’s getting compensated well to be the guy after Nick.

Reactions: kcvols1
Agreed. He'll need to get some recruiters, need to get a good DC. However, he's been a coach 9 years and lost 12 games. He'll get a small chance in the next month to sell his team and keep them from the portal. Hope he fails and we get a couple of stars from this.
Most people in the South barely even knew who he was, if at all, before this year!

Reactions: lbVOL
Lanning is a great coach, but I don’t think ties with Saban will help the new hire. I know Saban’s top choice was the man they hired. De Boer does a lot more with a lot less.
For sure less baggage than Dabo and Norvell and wait for it wait for it......... Kiffin. and ALL his previous stops he has excelled, but change is change and he will be playing with the big boys in the SEC. Will be an interesting study and would not be surprised with a minor drop off or excelling, but not sustaining Saban's consistency. Interested in seeing how much of his last two seasons is on him or this QB.

Decisiveness can be comforting, but it does not guarantee success. Nor does confidence, something arrogance can easily be mistaken for. Alabama will put on the best face they can, but the truth is that they are in the dark, and won't know for some time if they're going to find their way out.

Reactions: OffTackleVol
Anyone who doesn’t think DeBoer could be a nightmare for TN at Bammer isn’t paying attention.
Anyone not paying attention to how Michigan beat the piss out of them isn’t paying attention either. What worked in the PAC won’t work here. This is a LOS conference we’ll see how he does versus those kinds of Dlinemen week in and out

Anyone not paying attention to how Michigan beat the piss out of them isn’t paying attention either. What worked in the PAC won’t work here. This is a LOS conference we’ll see how he does versus those kinds of Dlinemen week in and out
Maybe…. but I saw open Receivers running wide open the whole game!

Reactions: Jimmyandjoes
Guess he wanted the SEC over playing in the Big 10...12...16 or whatever the hell it is now.

You come to Bama and you are pretty much assured you will be in the playoffs...Washington in the Big 10 not so much.

That was with Saban that they always had a chance. Bama lucked out with Saban, they’re not a shoe in for the playoffs.

VN Store

Back