Bama game looks a bit daunting

Only way the game will be watchable is if we make it a shootout a la ole miss. Can’t try to control the clock against that offense anyways. But what do you think the odds are that CJP oks that gameplan? And what are the odds that he starts the only quarterback on the roster capable of executing on it?
zero odds

On defense you got to keep them in front of you and make them go long field and hope they make a mistake. Play a 4-3-4 or a 3-4-4 and try to bring blitzes from crazy places now and then. Show blitz and fall back into coverage. Can't play standard D against them and stop them, just don't see it they are that good on offense. We can't play man to man, their 2 great receivers will just run by our corners. Make them have to throw underneath and hope you can bait them into a mistake. On offense play the other qb's, line up in power formations and try to run and mix in play action early. Must prevent their offense from big plays and get turnovers somehow. When they get inside our 30 we can start crowding the line more, still show them different looks. Tackle Harris and wrap up, we must tackle well to stop him. Harris is probably the best running back in college football and you better come racing up and take his legs if you want to bring him down. GBO!

JG should not see the field, if we can't use the other backups QB's, then snap the ball directly to one of the two running backs and run until the game is over.

The thought of those WR vs our secondary is laughable.

Itll look like Tecmo Bowl out there next week and I won't be surprised to see 35 on the board for Bama by halftime.

Reactions: 08Vol
Only way the game will be watchable is if we make it a shootout a la ole miss. Can’t try to control the clock against that offense anyways. But what do you think the odds are that CJP oks that gameplan? And what are the odds that he starts the only quarterback on the roster capable of executing on it?

Pruitt doesn't have the stones to go with a wide open game plan like Kiffin did.

He is old school and wants to win games 17 -10 which is probably why Fulmer hired him in the first place.

maybe both teams offenses will run the play clock to near zero prior to every snap....that will be the only way to reduce the magnitude of the inevitable massacre.

maybe both teams offenses will run the play clock to near zero prior to every snap....that will be the only way to reduce the magnitude of the inevitable massacre.

I stopped giving my Saturdays to UT football a long time ago. I'll play golf instead.

It's no longer the product it was. I'll check the scores later in the day and maybe watch a replay if we somehow manage to look like a semi competent football team.

Reactions: 08Vol
34 points and 500 yards in 3 quarters against UGA's vaunted D.
If we hold them under 50 it will be a small miracle. If we make same mistakes in UGA and KY games we will break another record for worst point loss...think was worst point loss to KY since like 1935. We just keep breaking records.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I remember as a kid in the 80s and 90s looking forward to this game. Like there wasnt another one on the schedule that mattered.

Today. I just hope we figure some stuff out going forward and stay healthy.

Yeah back then it didn't seem to matter where either team was ranked. You always knew the 3rd Saturday in October was going to be an absolute dog fight. I can't remember the last game recently where that was the case. I don't think very many of the current players really understand the importance and history of this one single game every fall to the fans. I'm tired of watching. We can't field a team to play a full 4 quarters of football. It just doesn't happen. They are not inspired and don't GAF. It's tiresome to watch

We got tgem right where we want them! We've sucked for 2 weeks, they're rolling, they coming to Knoxville and getting punched in the mouth!😂

Other credit where its due.... watching that game, I saw Mac Jones put the ball RIGHT in the receivers hands, even under extreme pressure, time after time. Those vaunted Bama receivers cant perform if #10 doesnt get them the ball, and he did almost every time. I was very impressed with Jones' performance against a UGA defense out to kill him on every snap. Dude is real.

Darn it.

It will be a great Saturday....Pruitt will send JG out to start the game with a chorus of boos, he will get sacked and fumble or throw a pick six and the route will be on.......hold them under a hundred please....

VN Store

Back