Bama BB shooting event per police report

Bad look? Just wait until Bama hits the road or the SEC tournament when opposing student sections start the “Miller is a killer!” Clap-Clap, clapclapclap “Miller is a killer!” Clap-clap, clapclapclap chant.

Oh, definitely, any opposing arena that fails to queue up "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" or "Murder Was The Case" is missing a real opportunity.

Not that you can really play Murder Was The Case. Well, maybe the radio edit. If such a thing even exists.

I can’t believe Miller & Bradley don’t have charges against them. They blocked the victim in so their car couldn’t leave. If that’s not accessory to Capital murder, what is?

Agree: The victim's family should raise hell. First, giving a gun to someone who commits a crime is "aiding and abetting"--in this case, a murder. It's a criminal act. Are we to believe that Miller didn't ask Miles what he needed a loaded gun for? Some BS going down in Tuscaloosa.

Bad look? Just wait until Bama hits the road or the SEC tournament when opposing student sections start the “Miller is a killer!” Clap-Clap, clapclapclap “Miller is a killer!” Clap-clap, clapclapclap chant.
Honestly that's not a big deal

The Alabama writer is completely correct - Miller and Bradley shouldn't be on the team, and actually should have been removed as soon as the details were known. What's really damning for Nate "Wrong Place, Wrong Time" Oats are his public statements, which suggest he KNEW about the details of the case this whole time and did NOTHING. His decision to continue to play them, and treat the situation as if it was resolved, is damning. Beyond damning, really. Anyone involved in approving these decisions should face uncomfortable, intense, and ongoing moral and ethical scrutiny.

Actually, I've just read the ESPN story a second time, and see that I apparently got the facts wrong.

Miles asked Miller to bring him /his/ gun--meaning Miles's gun. The gun belonged to Miles, and Miller simply brought it to him. I thought that Miller was the gun owner and had given his gun to Miles, which would have been a crime, I believe, but that's apparently not the case. That would explain why Miller hasn't been charged.

The little shrug at the end from Oates is what got me. It just screams a lack of remorse or concern except for winning.

“I mean sure it’s sad this Mother was shot and all, but how many points is she averaging? [shrug] Brandon is averaging 18 and we’re in first place in the SEC.

Wrong place at the wrong time. LOLZ”

Oates seems like the Art Briles of Urban Myers’s.

Did Miller retrieve the firearm from a CAMPUS dorm/apartment? Did he have the firearm ON campus? Why would his and the other players cars be BLOCKING in the victims vehicles? (Did I read that right?) And, Nate Oats ... what on earth? Did he just admit Miller/Bradley were on scene during shooting and they all KNEW about it? Then he says "wrong place / wrong time" ... that'll get brought to trial!

This is unbelievable activity by a coaching staff IMO!

Even tho Davis is older, the old saying is true here. "A teen has a full brain. But, two teens together have ½ a brain. And, 3 teens ... they have no brain at all".

Reactions: EasternVol
Actually, I've just read the ESPN story a second time, and see that I apparently got the facts wrong.

Miles asked Miller to bring him /his/ gun--meaning Miles's gun. The gun belonged to Miles, and Miller simply brought it to him. I thought that Miller was the gun owner and had given his gun to Miles, which would have been a crime, I believe, but that's apparently not the case. That would explain why Miller hasn't been charged.

I never take media reports at face value, but hypothetically if a friend texts me from a public place and says "bring me my gun", I'd say no unless a very compelling explanation followed. I'd tell him to leave ASAP, or that I'll call the cops if he or someone else is in danger. I would not get in my car and bring him a loaded weapon because if the situation allows for me to deliver it, that sounds like a situation where he has options that don't involve shooting someone. I don't know if that action would meet the definition of a chargeable offense, but wouldn't want to find out.

Last edited:
Can’t charge him?? It’s his gun!! that’s almost pre meditated. He knew what he was gonna do with that gun.. They should all be held responsible a young women lost her life, and for him to be playing basketball is an absolute joke. Doesn’t matter if he played for Alabama, Tennessee, Or whoever… murder is murder and if you’re apart of it you need to be held accountable…

My God

“We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

How can that be the response? Dude brought a murderer his weapon and was involved in a shooting and coach plays the "well you know college kids" card. What a terrible look.

Well its Bama so. Maybe he was afraid for his life, like the football player when a petite girl ran in his path.

Maybe I’ve watched too much TV. Isn’t there such a thing as aiding and abetting a felony? If bringing the guy the gun that was used to kill the girl ain’t aiding and abetting, I’m not sure what is. Maybe one of our resident lawyers can clarify.
@evillawyer

Oates handling of this is horrible. He's handling this like it's a minor thing. He has players involved in a murder. I'm shocked myself that they cannot charge Miller with anything. If all of this is accurate,and I know this is an understatement, things are looking to go downhill pretty fast with Alabama's basketball program.

I do not think it’s a case of they “cannot” charge Miller with anything; it’s more likely a case of they “won’t” charge him with anything.

My God

“We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

How can that be the response? Dude brought a murderer his weapon and was involved in a shooting and coach plays the "well you know college kids" card. What a terrible look.
If folks can blame the gun manufacturer and take them to court, I suspect the family might have a leg to stand on, but your point is well taken. If what I've read regarding the event is accurate, I think Miller faces some serious problems. Of course, a talent like his is plus playing for Bama is akin to...
1677072313289.png

To my mind, it doesn't matter who "owned" the gun. Miller brought A GUN to a scene that led to a MURDER. If he hadn't done that, maybe there's no killing? Then there's the report that other bama players prevented the victim from leaving. If they don't do that, maybe there's no death? Sorry, but there has to be some accountability for those acts.

VN Store

Back