Bama’s past is littered with cheating and dishonorable tactics

Just admit it. The czar wants to come off like he is clean as a whistle and that is just a bunch of bs. He is guilty as the rest.

does any coach admit to anything but being clean? I can't recall one admitting to cheating.

Wee little Nicky has successfully kicked an enormous mountain of dirt.

And now seems surprised that it is all raining down on him.

The article pointing out Sabans record at LSU and then showing how he IMMEDIATELY turned Bama into the most dominant program ever speaks a lot of volumes.

Why wasn't he unbeatable at LSU every year? How come he gets to Bama, 7-5 in 2007 followed by practically never losing and having the number one recruiting class 9 times from 2010 on?
I always knew they were up to something. As good as $aban is, nobody could do what he did at bammer without a lot of "help".

I always knew they were up to something. As good as $aban is, nobody could do what he did at bammer without a lot of "help".

Yup. Doing it year after year after year with no 'bad recruiting classes'. Reminds he of Barry Bonds hitting 73 home runs while being walked half the at-bats. Way too good to not be cheating.

even cars. we lost a running back to them back in the day over that
I'm an alumnus and orange to the core. With that being said my memory tells me there were lots of athletes I knew and didn't who drove cars from the same Knoxville dealership, that shall remain nameless, in the early to mid 70's. Curious if anybody else remembers this.

Reactions: peaygolf
There’s a time to talk and a time to shut up. Why on earth Saban is leading the charge on how College Football needs to be cleaned up and fixed is the most ridiculous things I’ve seen in a long time.

This x100

Saban has been allowed to %^&*ch and moan and get things his way for so long that I believe he misread the audience and figured he would get accolades for this. A rare misstep for the darling of the SEC and NCAA offices.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Alabama would not be protesting the NIL if they thought that it NOT take away their advantage. They know that they can not compete on a level playing field.

I do not recognize any championship that Bama has received under Saban because they do not play by the same rules the other 13 SEC teams do.

Reactions: LibertyVol
I see a lot of Bammers on social media and the internet going to bat for their program. They actually believe they are a clean program who doesn’t pay players and, of course, they eat up every word Saban says when he talks about parity. Here’s just a few examples of past Bama cheating/scandals/dishonorable tactics that I’m aware of.

-Dodge chargers
-Houses for players (Tua…cough, cough)
-Textbook money scandal in 2005-2007
-Albert Means
-Bear Bryant taking way more players than necessary just to spite Tennessee and other SEC programs, knowing full well they may never play for Bammer but lying and telling the recruits otherwise.

I’m a young fan, so this is all I know off the top of my head. But everyone in SEC country knows this is a filthy program of loathsome character and without honor.

Any other items that should be added to the list of Bammer sins? I’d particularly like to hear from older fans.

It's hard to know, really. When a person is or a group of people are crooked and are successful by being so, one of their greatest abilities is deceit. They will claim everyone else is crooked and/or point to their faults to win and distract and build their brand based on BS. Less guilty parties are often ruined by parties that are guilty of much worse. One might argue that's what Fulmer did when he ratted out Alabama. Was Fulmer any more legit? Seems to be the way of the world for many. Knowing this sucks the wind out of people who are believers or who are trying to become better people and organizations.

I would say that it's funny that people believe their programs are any different, but I refuse to believe every person in leadership lacks soul and integrity and the intelligence to win without being a dirtbag.

In fact, my gut tells me Huepel and his staff are legit. So, I would be calling the kettle black if I pointed at Bama fans. Plus, I've been wrong before.

I see a lot of Bammers on social media and the internet going to bat for their program. They actually believe they are a clean program who doesn’t pay players and, of course, they eat up every word Saban says when he talks about parity. Here’s just a few examples of past Bama cheating/scandals/dishonorable tactics that I’m aware of.

-Dodge chargers
-Albert Means
-Bear Bryant taking way more players than necessary just to spite Tennessee and other SEC programs, knowing full well they may never play for Bammer but lying and telling the recruits otherwise.

I’m a young fan, so this is all I know off the top of my head. But everyone in SEC country knows this is a filthy program of loathsome character and without honor.

Any other items that should be added to the list of Bammer sins? I’d particularly like to hear from older fans.
The worst part of the textbook scandal is that all the textbooks hadn't been colored in when the news broke.

I'm an alumnus and orange to the core. With that being said my memory tells me there were lots of athletes I knew and didn't who drove cars from the same Knoxville dealership, that shall remain nameless, in the early to mid 70's. Curious if anybody else remembers this.
I know Bernard King and Jimmy Streater had nice "rides." From what I was told........................

Reactions: 76vol

oh yes..

Reactions: 76vol
Ironically, the NIL deals will bring more parity that Saban is whining about losing to college football. Besides putting all the money that used to change hands under the table out into the public eye, it allows ethical coaches that shied away from doing so the ability to legally do it now, thereby providing more of a level playing field across the board.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it just a year ago that Saban was bragging about Bryce Young's 7-figure NIL deal?

-Dodge chargers
-Albert Means

The Means thing was the most serious thing. They also had serious sanctions with the Antonio Langham thing.
The textbook stuff was investigated and didn't warrant serious sanctions.
If Tua's family was bought a house it would be easy to prove.
Every school has all the details of cars their players drive, how they were paid for, etc. Players have gotten money for a long time as sanctioned by the NCAA that allowed them to buy cars or whatever they wanted.
If taking as many players as you wanted wasn't against the rules and the players agreed to go there then there is nothing nefarious there.

Nick Saban will tarnish his legacy over this constant hypocrisy he’s spewing.

Karma has a way of catching up to people.

THIS!!!! He really screwed up when he included Neon Deion in his rant. Primetime says he'll be happy to discuss the issue with Saban but in public, no private phone calls. If that happens you know he has the goods on Bama and all hell would break lose. Bama has found a way for many many years to have what was essentially an NIL organization in place and doled out cash as they saw fit. It was not associated with the university or program in any way yet cash flowed and recruits came and Saban was a beneficiary of it. Coach Sanders seems to have the opinion this was Nic's way of chastising his own people because they're not coming up with the dollars he needs to get the players he wants and moreover keeps off other teams as well. He wants parity, it's coming, Bama cannot pay what other schools can.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
If not mistaken, the University of Alabama's football program is most penalized in the history of the NCAA. Almost got the death penalty in the early 2000's when 6-7 SEC coaches turned their sorry azzes in for buying recruits.

That would be Oklahoma. They got the NCAAs version of the then death penalty a couple of times in the late 60s/70s. They didn't give rats xxx.

I know for a fact paying players at Bama has gone on back as far as the 80's. I used to work for a big Bama booster back in the 80's. The company I used to work for had 4 Bama football players on the payroll as part-time salesmen. They drew weekly checks that were more than any full-time salesman we had working. The only time we ever saw them was at the company's annual summer party on lake Guntersville and at Christmas when bonuses were passed out. I can't help but laugh my azz off at lil Nicky Satan when he complains about NIL. If you remember when the NIL started he was bragging that his Freshman QB was making 1 million a year.

Reactions: GameTime

VN Store

Back