Baltimore question

Is Baltimore a dangerous and filthy place?

• Yes

Votes: 108 96.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
It's been mentioned.

Also mentioned was that Kushner was a life long Democrat until his FIL ran for political office.

Point of Fact, the properties are not in the City of Baltimore, but nearby, some in the County of Baltimore.

Kushner Cos., which started operating in Maryland in 2013, has owned almost 9,000 rental units across 17 complexes, many of them in Baltimore County, the Baltimore Sun reported this year.

The properties generate at least $90 million in revenue annually. Kushner stepped down as chief executive of the company in 2017, when he became a senior White House advisor.

In 2017, Baltimore County officials revealed that apartments owned by Kushner Cos. were responsible for more than 200 code violations, all accrued in the span of the calendar year. Repairs were made only after the county threatened fines, local officials said, and even after warnings, violations on nine properties were not addressed, resulting in monetary sanctions.
Sorry, I missed that earlier. I guess the irony was just too damn thick for me to see through it. Donald Trump does not have one iota of self-awareness. Good lord!

Sorry, I missed that earlier. I guess the irony was just too damn thick for me to see through it. Donald Trump does not have one iota of self-awareness. Good lord!
It cuts Cummings way also:

Top Democrat's wife may have gained 'illegal private benefit' from his committee activities

Cummings Doubles Down on Claim That Ethical Questions About His Wife's Business Are Part of a 'Political Hit'
As IJR previously reported, Cummings and Rockeymoore had both previously denied any wrongdoing. Despite their denials, Rockeymoore has still refused to turn over financial documentation for her nonprofit that could prove their case.

Top Democrat dismisses IRS complaint against wife as politically motivated

Elijah Cummings’ wife faces mounting ethics questions over charity dealings

Last edited:
Nice dodge there.

First, he would rather pay the fines vs investing into a bldg that the tenants are gonna tear up anyway.
If true, that doesn't say much for his ethics. The audacity Trump is showing for using the condition of Baltimore's lower income neighborhoods as a political weapon, when a member of his own family (and administration) is making millions from being a slumlord .. is just hard to fathom.

BowelBro, you voted No didn’t you?
The only time I was there was as a child with my parents... we took in an Orioles game after a tour of the White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian, etc... The Orioles had Cal Ripken Jr, Eddie Murray, Ken Singleton, Jim Palmer and Rick Dempsey if that tells you how long ago it was. I didn't vote because I have very little memory of it.

And 293 HOMICIDES as of July 26, 2019.

That's correct, and the murder rate is down from 2018 when it wasn't even in the Top 20 cities for murder rate.
Cities that had a higher murder rate were Memphis, N. Charleston, SC, Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and many others. Do you have any other propaganda you want to share?

Reactions: luthervol
If true, that doesn't say much for his ethics. The audacity Trump is showing for using the condition of Baltimore's lower income neighborhoods as a political weapon, when a member of his own family (and administration) is making millions from being a slumlord .. is just hard to fathom.

Dims have the market cornered keeping people of color on the plantation by these same tactics. Does that piss you off?

The only time I was there was as a child with my parents... we took in an Orioles game after a tour of the White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian, etc... The Orioles had Cal Ripken Jr, Eddie Murray, Ken Singleton, Jim Palmer and Rick Dempsey if that tells you how long ago it was. I didn't vote because I have very little memory of it.

That was before the new Camden. One of the bright spots of Baltimore. One of the best baseball venues in the country.

That's correct, and the murder rate is down from 2018 when it wasn't even in the Top 20 cities for murder rate.
Cities that had a higher murder rate were Memphis, N. Charleston, SC, Jackson, MS, New Orleans, and many others. Do you have any other propaganda you want to share?
Hmmm....Dim run cities. There’s your problem.

That was before the new Camden. One of the bright spots of Baltimore. One of the best baseball venues in the country.
Yeah, it was their old stadium. The Orioles were darn good back then though. It was the year before they won the World Series. As I recall, we saw them lose to the Brewers who had Robin Yount and Paul Molitor.

Yes, and I'm speaking about conditions in red states under Republican leadership - all at the bottom of the barrel from a poverty and education standpoint.

I cant speak for Baltimore but Chicago is a world class city with great food, bars, art, and entertainment. They actually broke a record last year with 57.6 M visitors, that broke the record they set the previous year. You have no clue what you're talking about although it seems like your looking for a handout.
Which side of Chicago? 🙄

Reactions: tennvols77
Yes, and I'm speaking about conditions in red states under Republican leadership - all at the bottom of the barrel from a poverty and education standpoint.

I cant speak for Baltimore but Chicago is a world class city with great food, bars, art, and entertainment. They actually broke a record last year with 57.6 M visitors, that broke the record they set the previous year. You have no clue what you're talking about although it seems like your looking for a handout.

Weird. I thought diversity was our strength?

What do all those cities have in common?

The red states run on balanced budgets, quite the opposite in blue states where they are running massive deficits. Illinois is the worst but followed closely by the rest of the states in the northeast. These are also the states receiving the most federal aid, although no one seems to know where it goes. All run by long term Democratic politicians. Yes, lots of pork hand outs! These are the people that want to run the country? Seen that movie already.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The red states run on balanced budgets, quite the opposite in blue states where they are running massive deficits. Illinois is the worst but followed closely by the rest of the states in the northeast. These are also the states receiving the most federal aid, although no one seems to know where it goes. All run by long term Democratic politicians. Yes, lots of pork hand outs! These are the people that want to run the country? Seen that movie already.
LOL.......You may want to spend a few minutes educating yourself.
Most & Least Federally Dependent States

Red states are more dependent on the federal government..........go figure.

Reactions: TN Ribs
I haven't looked through the thread. Has it been mentioned that Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, owns more than a dozen apartment complexes in Baltimore which have been cited for code violations? It's true. Google "Jared Kushner, Baltimore Landlord".

How ironic is this? A member of Trump's own family is basically a slumlord in the city he just chastised for being in the slums. It's true!
I bet they’re part of the city’s section 8 program

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The irony here is so rich... I can tell now that none of you had a clue about this. Yes, Trump's son-in-law is a Baltimore slumlord. Can you imagine the intense scrutiny those apartment complexes he owns will be receiving now, in light of Trump's Twitter rants about the city?
It will expose Chicago’s section 8 program as being corrupt and without oversight

VN Store

Back