Bailey>Manning

Bailey or Manning?

• HB

Votes: 38 8.9%
  • PM

Votes: 391 91.1%

• Total voters
What's your point? Peyton was an average SEC QB at Tennessee. As I said many threads ago, there are people like you who are very emotional over Peyton. Not sure why. Kind of the millennial generation I guess. Peyton is a VFL. He had some good wins and some embarrassing losses at Tennessee. He has the same track record of Rex Grossman. You have not been able to dispute this.
My point is you are literally the only person who thought he was “average”. I’m sure I’m a lot older than you and it’s not emotion over Peyton, I love all of UT’s great players. You aren’t even a real UT fan. And you won’t name anyone who was “better” than Peyton because you know he wasn’t “average” or else he wouldn’t have accomplished what he did record wise and records wise and awards wise if he was “average”. Average players don’t win as much as he did, awards and otherwise.

Go back and watch your Florida vs Georgia games that you said were your favorite sporting events ever. I’ll pull out this old program I got in Miami and read it

2098A81D-5CFC-4C20-B42F-5C7517AE2771.jpeg

My point is you are literally the only person who thought he was “average”. I’m sure I’m a lot older than you and it’s not emotion over Peyton, I love all of UT’s great players. You aren’t even a real UT fan. And you won’t name anyone who was “better” than Peyton because you know he wasn’t “average” or else he wouldn’t have accomplished what he did record wise and records wise and awards wise if he was “average”. Average players don’t win as much as he did, awards and otherwise.

Go back and watch your Florida vs Georgia games that you said were your favorite sporting events ever. I’ll pull out this old program I got in Miami and read it

View attachment 255921

Ricky, when someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they don't like you, your opinion, or your background. I promise you that you nobody is being contrarian to you as a person etc. I hope you have a great night

Ricky, when someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they don't like you, your opinion, or your background. I promise you that you nobody is being contrarian to you as a person etc. I hope you have a great night
gatorbaby, who said anything like that? I posted facts and you are scurrying your lizard butt away from what I posted because you are wrong. Literally Everyone in this thread is laughing at your dumb assertions. After reading in another thread how you thought Trask was a great QB I can see you’re just ignorant when it comes to football in general. But please continue to define average as hall of fame careers, it’s rather funny. 😂

gatorbaby, who said anything like that? I posted facts and you are scurrying your lizard butt away from what I posted because you are wrong. Literally Everyone in this thread is laughing at your dumb assertions. After reading in another thread how you thought Trask was a great QB I can see you’re just ignorant when it comes to football in general. But please continue to define average as hall of fame careers, it’s rather funny. 😂

What facts did you post?

Except that we did, the Bowl Alliance, the NCAA, Tennessee, the SEC, the Orange Bowl, general merchandising, the coaches poll and literally everyone outside of Michigan disagrees with you.
Facts are a wonderful item to use:

A Bowl Alliance Poll was formed by adding together the point totals from AP Poll and Coaches' Poll. The top two ranked teams from the Alliance conferences met in the Bowl Alliance national championship game, which rotated between the three Alliance bowls and was always held on January 2. Whoever won that game was guaranteed to be declared national champion at least in the Coaches' Poll, as they were locked into naming whoever won as their national champion. The AP Poll retained its autonomy.
O crap we're using purple font now.

Peyton would be the first to hope so....But we’re talking about a LEGEND in the sport of football 🏈 not just because he couldn’t get this or that done at Tennessee...How can you ever compare anyone to LEGENDS !!! 😳

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You're looking at it through the wrong lens. Do you think Rex Grossman is a spectacular player? Would you name a street after Rex Grossman if he did what he accomplished at UF instead of UT? Grossman had 77 TDs in three years. Manning had 12 more with an additional year here. Manning has not earned what the program and vast majority of fans bequeath him.

You are contextually so lost it's incredible.

Before Manning the career record for passing was Andy Kelly with 6,397. (Manning gave us 11,201. Not just a TN record but SEC record at the time)
Before Manning the number of 3k seasons by a UT QB was 0. (In fact to this day there's only been 4, 2 by Manning)
Before Manning the career record for TD's was Shuler with 36. (Peyton had 89, 2nd among all SEC QB's at the time)
Before Manning the most TD's in a season was also held by Shuler at with 25. Manning had 36.
Before Manning the number of 400yd games was 0. He had 3. (not counting a 399)

Any of this sinking in? Manning was an absolute watershed player for UT.

So now that context I've been talking about. You heard of Fun 'n Gun? That was Spurrier's doing. In stark contrast to the above:

Grossman not only isn't his schools all time leading passer but 2 players had over 9k in yards.
Before Grossman the 3k season barrier had been broken 5 times by 2 different players.
Before Grossman there were 6 players with at least 39 career TD's and 3 with over 60. Grossman isn't close to Wuerffel's number either.
Before Grossman Wuerffel had more TD's in two different seasons that Grossman would ever have.
Before Grossman there were 4 3k seasons by 2 different players.
Before Grossman there were at least (I say that because I'm only looking at the top 10) 7 games of over 400y passing by 5 different players.

So what we have here is somebody playing at a school (and really coach, Spurrier) that really lent itself to passing production. It's kinda like rushing yards for Wisconsin. (Their #10 career rusher would make the top 25 in our whole conference.) One shouldn't diminish what Grossman did but he damn sure didn't blow up his position compared to those that came before him.

If you wanted to do something useful with this comparison (not that I think you could do so without total bias) imagine what Manning would've done under Spurrier with Grossman's teams.

Before Manning the career record for passing was Andy Kelly with 6,397. (Manning gave us 11,201. Not just a TN record but SEC record at the time)
Before Manning the number of 3k seasons by a UT QB was 0. (In fact to this day there's only been 4, 2 by Manning)
Before Manning the career record for TD's was Shuler with 36. (Peyton had 89, 2nd among all SEC QB's at the time)
Before Manning the most TD's in a season was also held by Shuler at with 25. Manning had 36.

So now that context I've been talking about. You heard of Fun 'n Gun? That was Spurrier's doing. In stark contrast to the above:

Grossman not only isn't his schools all time leading passer but 2 players had over 9k in yards.
Before Grossman the 3k season barrier had been broken 5 times by 2 different players.
Before Grossman there were 6 players with at least 39 career TD's and 3 with over 60. Grossman isn't close to Wuerffel's number either.
Before Grossman Wuerffel had more TD's in two different seasons that Grossman would ever have.
Before Grossman there were at least (I say that because I'm only looking at the top 10) 7 games of over 400y passing by 5 different players.

So what we have here is somebody playing at a school (and really coach, Spurrier) that really lent itself to passing production. It's kinda like rushing yards for Wisconsin. (Their #10 career rusher would make the top 25 in our whole conference.) One shouldn't diminish what Grossman did but he damn sure didn't blow up his position compared to those that came before him.

If you wanted to do something useful with this comparison (not that I think you could do so without total bias) imagine what Manning would've done under Spurrier with Grossman's teams.

You made my point point more brilliantly than I did. Thanks

A

Also, besides making my point for me. What did Peyton accomplish that Rex didn't?

What I'd like to see for HB's freshman year is him getting the start if JG falters in a game even just a little bit. Thern I'd like to see him managed much like Fromm was at UGA his freshman year after he came in for an injured Eason. Our defense is going to be very solid and we should have experienced playmakers at the RB position just like Fromm had his freshman year. Our experienced OL SHOULD be able to keep the chains moving on the ground which ought take pressure off of HB and allow him to be successful when he does put it in the air. I do see HB being successful his freshman campaign. We've seen JG and he has a cap which he reached two seasons ago, no reason to continue down that path unless HB can't hack it or gets injured.

A

Also, besides making my point for me. What did Peyton accomplish that Rex didn't?
Make college football hall of fame and voted on the alltime college football team by his peers and coaches and media
had better stats, overall better record, won every award Grossman didn’t against a much tougher schedule.
Jabar Gaffney bogus TD call won Florida that SEC title in 2000 not Grossman

Peyton > Grossman no matter how you try to spin it. Even non Vol fans know that

Reactions: MemphisVol77
LOL! I Did nothing of the sort and I'm quite certain you're fully aware.

You just made four mistakes:

1. You posted stats pertaining to Grossman without acknowledgement that Grossman played one full season less than Manning. Ipn comparative data, Rex crushes Manning.

2. You have invoked Spurrier. Grossman didn't just play under Spurrier.

3. You bought into arguing against yourself. Grossman isn't the point. Wuerffel/Leak/Tebow are the points. Grossman is an analogy to beg comparison. Grossman has no trophies, and you are sitting there trying to put Manning ahead of him.

4. You are forgetting Tee. I don't give much crud about what Grossman did. Tee won a Natty. You want Stats or hardware?

Make college football hall of fame and voted on the alltime college football team by his peers and coaches and media
had better stats, overall better record, won every award Grossman didn’t against a much tougher schedule.

What did Peyton accomplish that Grossman did not? You are naming after-the-fact accolades. What did Peyton accomplish that Grossman did not?

Also, Grossman has waaaay better stats

You are still sticking to the Chris Leak is better than Manning who was average narrative? Because I still have yet to see a reason why Manning won so many awards and hall of fame and such if his college career as average. Oh yea and named to the ALLTIME CF team of the last 150 years

What did Peyton accomplish that Grossman did not? You are naming after-the-fact accolades. What did Peyton accomplish that Grossman did not?
Your Tourette’s is causing you brian spasms again. How are the 30 something awards Peyton won in 1997 “after the fact”

VN Store

Back