Bailey led the team in passing

He also faced a prevent defense that gave him the underneath. The others (JG and Maurer) were staring down the barrel of 0 blitzes all night long.
You are absolutely correct. I must say that one deep cross he hit was nice. That ball never got above 10 feet and was a laser. He has a really quick release. The difference between Bailey's release and JG's was kinda startling.

You are absolutely correct. I must say that one deep cross he hit was nice. That ball never got above 10 feet and was a laser. He has a really quick release. The difference between Bailey's release and JG's was kinda startling.
That was a nice pass. I gotta give him that but one pass isn’t enough to declare him “better” than Maurer. Outside of that pass he’s had 4 passing opportunities vs UK that didn’t go so well and a prevent defense that gave him a pitch and catch. I want to see how he does in the same situations as Maurer has been put in before I anoint him. He needs to put up big numbers against an elite defense like Maurer did before he got hurt.

The kid wasn't a 5 star for no reason. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he is the highest rated hs qb prospect UT has signed since Peyton Manning 25 years ago. Start him and build for the future. No Justin Fields mistakes/regrets in Knoxville please.

That was a nice pass. I gotta give him that but one pass isn’t enough to declare him “better” than Maurer. Outside of that pass he’s had 4 passing opportunities vs UK that didn’t go so well and a prevent defense that gave him a pitch and catch. I want to see how he does in the same situations as Maurer has been put in before I anoint him. He needs to put up big numbers against an elite defense like Maurer did before he got hurt.
I agree 100%. He needs to do it under fire. But if I recall he hit a really nice deep sideline route against UK.

The kid wasn't a 5 star for no reason. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he is the highest rated hs qb prospect UT has signed since Peyton Manning 25 years ago. Start him and build for the future. No Justin Fields mistakes/regrets in Knoxville please.

It depends on the recruiting service. JG was rated really high. So was quinten D and the kid that transferred to Memphis. Dobbs was a top 150. Before them Worley, Simms, and bray were all pretty highly touted. But ya Bailey was a highly rated kid. Not to the level of Lawrence or fields though.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Maurer threw a ton of picks against elite. Maurer should not be a drop back. Hes a rollout, scrambler, zone read type. Not how our coaches use him at all.

Bailey should be straight drop. Our coaches make no adjustments to the kind of talent we have. Pruitt can't fix it bc he doesn't understand offense. I'd say play Bailey since he seems to appear to be the type of qb chaney prefers. Also, what the hell is weinke and chaney doing? They appear to do nothing in regards to qb play and prep.

Reactions: savannahfan
Bailey lead in interceptions too. Also, defense was in a prevent mode which allowed passing as game was all but over. Nothing to see with the passing stat. Much more wrong than just the QB.

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back