Bailey led the team in passing

He checked it down to the RB 5 times in a row on that last drive. Arkansas defense was in prevent and his only pass downfield was his last pass was, an interception in the endzone. 0 TD's, 2 picks. Just sayin'

I'm not saying he did great.

That's not my point here.

My point is we have a senior starting QB who played almost the entire game and still came in second in yards to a true freshman QB who only had two drives.

Just states how bad JG is.

That’s dangerous “Pulaski level” hypocrisy there KTown. You given yourself a reputation of creating excuses for JG, been called out, challenged and proven wrong. You’ve disappeared and checked out of conversations numerous times. So you of all people should be very careful of accusing someone of “making excuses”. It’s hypocritical. But there’s a difference between you and I. Brian played like chit and I’m right here. I’m not making excuses when I say I think it’s obvious that there is a REAL problem with Pruitt. I’ve been telling everyone this for two years now . But I feel it’s become clear to everyone that’s true and it only gets worse with the qb situation. If Brian played like that after being prepared to play then I’d eat my crow willingly. However since the big issue is NONE of the qbs are getting time invested in them I think it’s fair to point out that qb is NOT a plug and play position based on talent alone. Find me a link to ANY qb that’s ever said “I can perform WITHOUT practice” and I’ll let you bask in your own glory.
Not been proven wrong once about qbs.

Especially not by you.

I said JG would beat out Shrout. Then BM came I said he would pass up Shrout. Then I said Bailey would pass up BM. JG will start.

All this has of course transpired as I predicted.

Especially not by you.

I said JG would beat out Shrout. Then BM came I said he would pass up Shrout. Then I said Bailey would pass up BM. JG will start.

That’s complete BS. You said Shrout would beat out Maurer two years running. You also said HB would be #2. Maybe after this past weekend you may finally be right but you’ve been wrong so far. So don’t try to take credit for some BS prediction when you know damn well you predicted the opposite.

It’s at the point now that Pruitt MAY allow the #2 to receive #1 reps. Whether that ends up being BM or HB, I personally wont hold the other accountable as if they’d been getting reps all along and one beat out the other. Idgad who you are. If your last name isn’t Guarantano, you haven’t been given the opportunity to succeed and it’s just as simple as you were the next guy in line in a qb room of full of coaches playing musical qb when Pruitts seat started warming up.

I'm not saying he did great.

That's not my point here.

My point is we have a senior starting QB who played almost the entire game and still came in second in yards to a true freshman QB who only had two drives.

Just states how bad JG is.
I want to see a QB OTHER than JG with a full game slate before I buy that there’s nobody better behind him. Throwing QBs in cold only after JG gets knocked out isn’t a honest indicator.

You mean except for every time you've posted about QB's. How are those "stats" these days? Still claiming JG is a top 4 SEC QB?

OR... have you learned enough about the game to realize the truth in what we've been telling you for years now?

You are a fundamentally dishonest person... and apparently have an incredible capacity for self-deception.

And it was not true or at least consistently true. I'm not writing him off. I just don't think it will happen for him at UT. I think he will make a very good QB for someone. I think he could have been a good QB for UT had Pruitt chosen to invest all that time and effort instead of in JG.

He's a young player that needs time in the saddle and coaching. I'm not sure he "read" D's much last year. I think he played mostly on instinct and tried to get the ball out as fast as possible.

PS- you've also defended JG to ridiculous proportions... so you shouldn't beat your chest too much.
because veryone, but about 4 message board blockheads know tha JG is better than maurer.....period! how much proof you need?

because veryone, but about 4 message board blockheads know tha JG is better than maurer.....period! how much proof you need?
Depends on what you mean by "better". Better as in more experienced? JG has more experience and development time. As I've mentioned many times, JG does not make a lot of "mistakes" within the limitations of his ability. The problem is that he's MUCH too limited. Maurer has at least given some indications of having talent and prospects for improving. We do not know how high or low his ceiling is.

And once again, you and k-town somehow think that tearing down Maurer lowers the bar and makes JG a "good" QB. It doesn't. Whether Maurer will or won't become a good QB has nothing to do with JG's limitations or the fact that he cripples the O and team.

Funny considering JG throws the most uncatchable passes statistically...and BM is the only QB without an int this season....so obviously your take is ignorance at it finest
That is a lie. Nothing else to say about that.

Depends on what you mean by "better". Better as in more experienced? JG has more experience and development time. As I've mentioned many times, JG does not make a lot of "mistakes" within the limitations of his ability. The problem is that he's MUCH too limited. Maurer has at least given some indications of having talent and prospects for improving. We do not know how high or low his ceiling is.

And once again, you and k-town somehow think that tearing down Maurer lowers the bar and makes JG a "good" QB. It doesn't. Whether Maurer will or won't become a good QB has nothing to do with JG's limitations or the fact that he cripples the O and team.

Who cares about qbs not on our team? We should compare them on our team to make sure the best plays genius.

JG is better and more talented than BM. That has been proven over and over.

Bailey may not be ready yet.

Those are the factors that matter if you care about winning games.

Who cares about qbs not on our team? We should compare them on our team to make sure the best plays genius.
That is utterly... and completely STUPID. If all UT did was scrimmage then you'd be right. But they don't. They play teams with BETTER QB's... and lose to them in spite of having a better overall roster. That makes finding a MORE TALENTED QB the imperative.

JG is better and more talented than BM. That has been proven over and over.
No. It simply hasn't. We KNOW how good JG isn't. We don't know how good Maurer can become. We have more than 3 years of direct evidence that JG's ceiling is too low and cripples the offense. Maurer has yet to play a complete game. He certainly hasn't been the focus of the playbook and only the focus of the gameplan a couple of times.

Regardless, JG isn't a good QB. Whether your hate blinded declarations about Maurer turn out to be true or false... JG still isn't good.

Bailey may not be ready yet.
And that just doesn't matter as much as you and others think. The strategic mind that you expect your HC to have... requires you determine who your most talented QB is then invest in him. You don't keep running a guy too limited to help you win games out on the field because he "practices" better.

Those are the factors that matter if you care about winning games.
LOL... you mean like they've done with JG for 3 plus years? He's virtually assured to finish with the worst record of any UT starter in decades. His limitations are and have been the limitations of UT's O. His inability to process reads fast enough and pressure D's by anticipating throws and delivering to moving targets in tight windows has made UT MUCH too easy to defend... and this year's OL and skill players show that it doesn't matter how talented the team is around him. He makes them worse.

Especially not by you.

Wow

Now admit JG isn't good.
Thats what qb gurus so right?
Evaluate objectively?

Should prolly update the ole resume and lead with this statement.

Don't know you or talk to you but the same drivel gets old in every thread

Reactions: whodeycin85
That is utterly... and completely STUPID. If all UT did was scrimmage then you'd be right. But they don't. They play teams with BETTER QB's... and lose to them in spite of having a better overall roster. That makes finding a MORE TALENTED QB the imperative.

No. It simply hasn't. We KNOW how good JG isn't. We don't know how good Maurer can become. We have more than 3 years of direct evidence that JG's ceiling is too low and cripples the offense. Maurer has yet to play a complete game. He certainly hasn't been the focus of the playbook and only the focus of the gameplan a couple of times.

Regardless, JG isn't a good QB. Whether your hate blinded declarations about Maurer turn out to be true or false... JG still isn't good.

And that just doesn't matter as much as you and others think. The strategic mind that you expect your HC to have... requires you determine who your most talented QB is then invest in him. You don't keep running a guy too limited to help you win games out on the field because he "practices" better.

LOL... you mean like they've done with JG for 3 plus years? He's virtually assured to finish with the worst record of any UT starter in decades. His limitations are and have been the limitations of UT's O. His inability to process reads fast enough and pressure D's by anticipating throws and delivering to moving targets in tight windows has made UT MUCH too easy to defend... and this year's OL and skill players show that it doesn't matter how talented the team is around him. He makes them worse.

We all want a supremely talented qb

JG and Bailey are the most talented on our roster.

JG plays and Bailey is next in line.

It doesn't matter what other teams have. We work with what we have.

Wow

Now admit JG isn't good.
Thats what qb gurus so right?
Evaluate objectively?

Should prolly update the ole resume and lead with this statement.

Don't know you or talk to you but the same drivel gets old in every thread
He is ok. Has had good and bad games. He can't carry the team when everyone around him plays like crap. Great qbs can. He is a middle of the pack SEC starter.

He is dependent on talent around him like many qbs have been.

Leading passer is still leading passer.

In 2 drives.
Context. But, he couldn’t be worse than JG, unless there is just major dysfunction with the offense. I can’t believe a stacked oline can’t do more.

Reactions: NEO
We all want a supremely talented qb
No. Not really. You have made excuses for JG for over 3 years in spite of clear evidence that he is nowhere near a "supremely talented qb".

JG and Bailey are the most talented on our roster.
That is an unfounded opinion that cannot be substantiated with anything approaching a "fact". We don't "know" what we don't know. We do not know what Bailey or Maurer or even Shrout may become. From a physical standpoint, they all have good arms with good to very good accuracy in terms of being able to place the ball where they want it (vs making the read to throw it where it needs to be).

We KNOW that JG has a good arm. We also know that he processes slow and cannot anticipate throws. He lacks whatever abstract thinking talent is involved in throwing receivers open. He hits stationary, open targets. Those aren't available vs good D's so he ends up throwing ineffective passes. I cannot tell you if he is unable or just afraid to try to fit balls into tight windows... but it is established fact that he does not do it. His limitations have crippled UT's O for 3 years.

JG plays and Bailey is next in line.
If Pruitt continues to do that... then he's signed his own pink slip. There are a lot of unknowns with the other three guys. The one known is that JG is NOT a QB who can lead UT to wins. His talent limitations are simply too great. That doesn't mean any of the others are or are not more talented... only that we KNOW he isn't good enough.

It doesn't matter what other teams have. We work with what we have.
You really don't understand how insanely stupid that is?

He is ok. Has had good and bad games. He can't carry the team when everyone around him plays like crap. Great qbs can. He is a middle of the pack SEC starter.
No. He's not "OK". His limitations are largely responsible for other around him "playing like crap"... as has been explained to you repeatedly. He's not a "middle of the pack SEC starter". He may well be the worse starter in the SEC. He is surrounded by above average talent... and he makes them WORSE, not better.

He is dependent on talent around him like many qbs have been.
Yeah. Those 5* OL's have no talent.... if it forces you to look at JG objectively. Those talented young receivers who are among the SEC's best in dropped passes suck... if it forces you to recognize the most limiting factor on O. UT's RB's who have speed and talent must be subpar since they can't run through stacked boxes... that are stacked because opposing D's understand what you don't about JG's limitations.

You really don't understand how ridiculous you look when you say stuff like this, do you?

Last edited:
It doesn’t make sense to play a QB you’re afraid for him to throw. Either let JG throw the ball or play Bailey.
This or if you truly trust none of them to this point. Then get your best athlete back there to run the veer playing option with Chandler and Gray in the backfield.

Maurer needs coaching, an appropriate game plan, and patience. Bailey needs the same. Neither have received those from this coaching staff.

Bailey has better physical tools so he's starting at a higher place and has higher upside. Maurer appears to have nice potential but a lower ceiling than Bailey.

Therefore, Bailey should be a higher development priority than Maurer, IMO.

Make a realistic game plan for HB and practice the **** out of it for the next 2 weeks. Then we can at least get the defense out of the box so we can run AND pass the ball. Focus on the WRs routes/separation and simple checks to keep us out of trouble.

Football does not have to be complicated, it has to be executed with the least amount of mistakes. Lean on our talent but Keep It Simple Stupid!

Those statistics are not valid... because they disprove k-town's belief that JG is a great QB.

Those statistics are not valid... because they disprove k-town's belief that JG is a great QB.
He'll have to take that up with the site that compiled them...and then any outlet, like the Sports Animal, that reported them.

According to k-town, JG is now a middle of the pack QB. Remember he was not wrong when he said that JG was a top SEC QB prior to the season.

But just to tell you what he considers "OK" for a RS Sr.... here is how JG ranks in the SEC as of this week:

Yards- 13th with guys ahead of him who have not started every game
TD passes- 11th
Completion %- 10th
Completion % under pressure- 8th
YPA- 10th
YPC- 11th
Third LEAST drops in the SEC
3rd down Completion %- 12th
3rd down conversion pass %- 13th
3rd YPA- 13th
3rd down YPC- 11th

Red Zone numbers-
Completion %- 15th (yep, other teams have non-starters who are better) This number has been consistent since last year.
TD passes- 1 tied for 10th
QBR- 12th

JG is 10th or lower in virtually every meaningful stat.

He'll have to take that up with the site that compiled them...and then any outlet, like the Sports Animal, that reported them.
No. No. You don't understand. Stats are all that matter when they agree with k-town... and they don't matter at all if they disagree with him.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back