bad news that keeps on giving

This is just crazy talk.. There are no AgentS, only agent=Sexton. On a serious note agents do not like/recommend performance laden contracts for their clients and will recommend the "sure money" even if they leave some on table.
I was gonna fix your whole post but all that Plural to singular changes meant too much work and I am lazy:).

That’s fine. I’m not arguing the current state of things in terms to coaching contracts and agents. But the hire and fire in a few years model plus higher and higher buyouts are unsustainable for programs.

That’s fine. I’m not arguing the current state of things in terms to coaching contracts and agents. But the hire and fire in a few years model plus higher and higher buyouts are unsustainable for programs.
I was just kidding a bit about Sexton but he does represent a ridiculous amount of coaches. I agree with the unsustainable part for sure. Of course I thought that when the first head coach was making over $1M plus incentives.

I thnk we will have a good - not great - team this coming season. As long as we can field a competitive team, with hope for the future, I think we can fill the seats. If we replace Holly with someone competent, we will do fine in the top 3 sports, for the foreseeable futue.

Going from very poor, to good, in one year may prove too difficult to achieve for Pruitt & Company

Reactions: i2amavol
Butch Jones refused Oregon State's request for a head coaching interview in 2017. Why isn't he required to accept/pursue reasonable offers of employment as a prerequisite for buyout pay?
I hope Fulmer has some adults reading the contracts now.

Reactions: Frozevol
So Pruitt was being sought after by other schools in the SEC or Power 5 big programs?

Like I said, the days of high buyouts (through agents) won’t last. Every year it gets closer to the win now mindset and the hire and fire every 3 years. That’s not sustainable for programs. Especially if it happens in multiple sports.

All you need is one coach who you want and tell them this is the contract we (the AD and school) are gonna offer. Considering Pruitt didn’t have any other head coaching offers, you think he’s turning us down because the base is only a couple of million while the performance incentives are the highest in college football history ever?

It’s also hilarious that you say a coach would turn us down for another job because of the same reason.

The people who say that we have keep doing something because that’s how it’s always been kill me. We literally broke that line of thinking on Schiano Sunday and are in a better place.
First coach who signs up for a pay for play coach’s version...then you have a talking point. Currently you don’t...and you never will. Fulmer knew if he wanted Pruitt that he couldn’t insult him with those terms. Hope you don’t really die over reality.

And Pruitt turned down both Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

First coach who signs up for a pay for play coach’s version...then you have a taking point. Currently you don’t...and you never will. Fulmer knew if he wanted Pruitt that he couldn’t insult him with those terms. Hope you don’t really die over reality.

And Pruitt turned down both Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.

Pruitt would have been insulted with a pay increase, head coaching title, and all time high incentives for winning???

Wow.

Pruitt would have been insulted with a pay increase, head coaching title, and all time high incentives for winning???

Wow.
Wow that you keep propagating this fantasy. Via your proposal it would hardly be a raise. Ricky Williams went along with his agent in a similar set-up when Master P was trying to break into the superagency market. Master P is pretty much retired all-around. No agent even carries along that offer to anyone with legs breaking into a P5 job. We can get the Butch Jones and Derek Dooleys.

Wow that you keep propagating this fantasy. Via your proposal it would hardly be a raise. Ricky Williams went along with his agent in a similar set-up when Master P was trying to break into the superagency market. Master P is pretty much retired all-around. No agent even carries along that offer to anyone with legs breaking into a P5 job. We can get the Butch Jones and Derek Dooleys.

You're insinuating that AD's and Coaches have zero contact or connections and everything runs thru an agent like a transaction..... That's insanely ignorant. Yes the Agent handles the terms of transactions but it is asinine to think that an AD (in our case a former head coach) wouldn't have contacts with other coaches to talk to them. And would an agent like Sexton do everything in his power to keep that offer from reaching said coach? Sure he would. But to say that it couldn't be brought up to the coach directly from the AD is stupidity.

And like I said, you don't need this to happen at multiple schools with coaches.... Just needs one to happen...

“When you look at the wheel, it SEEMS round. But it’s practically a square block! This baby is WAY rounder!” Sell it any way you want. Not ONE person buys. 😉

VN Store

Back