Bad news for UConn fans, maybe not for you

Will this effect the NIL deals she has?

I don't believe it will because she will be an ongoing story topic, and one who has a large social media following. In fact, she may even get a media boost as people rally around her in hopes of seeing a spectacular comeback.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
There is a 0% chance Bueckers wasn’t 100% cleared to play. Now, could she, in her zealous desire to play, have under-reported discomfort levels to her doctor in order to get the release? Only she knows the answer to that.

That said, it seems to me there would almost have to be a certain amount of discomfort and “favoring” going on for at least a year, or maybe more, after such an injury, even if the knee was physically sound. Same with ACLs. It’s kinda hard to break the mental habit of being extra conscious of the once-injured limb.
The topic was brought up at time when Bueckers was injured that the tibia plateau fracture she suffered was one of those types of injuries that could lead to another injury if not fully healed. Of course they (the UConn media) has already stated that the ACL injury had nothing do with tibia plateau fracture.

She is blessed with great agility and no doubt those hard cuts and drives to the basket take their toll on her legs and knees which don't look all that sturdy.

No way is she going to come back this year. Anyone who would encourage someone to rush back after two severe injuries in the same knee in less than a year has zero concern for the person!
I have a genuine concern as someone who has suffered a knee injury, a fractured patella, and meniscus tear. Paige Bueckers is a generational player and the last thing I would want to see is for her to suffer this kind of injury. But the truth of the matter is that depending on the severity of the tear and other factors, ACL injuries are not the same career ending sentence it use to be 15-20 years ago. Most people could be up and walking 14-30 days post surgery with minor assistance. It is the rehabilitation and strengthening on all degrees of movement that are time intensive. There are so many variables that affects the rehab. As an athlete and coach I've had to deal with these types of injuries. The safe money is to take the time needed to bring about a full recovery and strength. I grant you that the odds are that we probably won't her this season, but I am reminded of certain young lady who tore her ACL in Oct of 1997, only to comeback and help our Lady Vols to a 5th championship. I know it's not the same, but stranger things have happened.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
True, #1LVLS MAN 4 LIFE, stranger things have happened. But I'd be stunned if she were to blow a full season's worth of eligibility to come back for a shortened go of it. Not just that. There's way too much of her future riding on her making 100% certain she's fully healed before going hard at it again.

Paige i definitely feel bad for ..shes a true baller and a transcendent player. Its the fans and the coach along with ESPN mainly whom i feel need the humbling . Let's see how they rank them when they magically redo the preseason top 25 due soley to paige's injury .
We get it. sheesh…from pro-forma condolences to the player to a need for “humbling“ of fans, the coach, and Lawson’s long-time employer. The list is complete ? Humility important for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98
I’m sorry she’s injured, but I’m not convinced she is the best NCAA player. She’s definitely done nothing and will do nothing to change the game. Parker, Lisa Leslie, Cheryl Miller….these are truly elite players.

Reactions: sisaq and irish1485
Would hate playing UConn when they're not a full strength as our wins wouldn't mean as much.

No excuses in the last two meetings.

VN Store

Back