Bad news for UConn fans, maybe not for you

I have never known either a Tennessee OR Connecticut fan who wasn't concerned for a player on either team who had suffered a major injury setback.

Frankly, I think it says a lot about you, StorrsCentral, that you would even frame the awful news in the way you did here.

Only true PG we have is Nika Muhl, although Azzi has played the point. That is not a good Idea, as we need her off the ball. Muhl was told by Geno to work on her offense this summer, so if she has improved on that it could be her. That would mean no back-up. We will see how the chips fall, at least it didn't happen in December. I was really looking forward to seeing Paige and Azzi together healthy. I was really never worried about injuries until last year, and yes, its not just us, but it's happening too often these days.
I feel for UCONN and it’s fan base losing such a talent. Though I am not a UCONN fan, we still do not want to see any player get hurt in any athletic program. I still believe that UCONN is still a final four team with the talent they have, it certainly would be easier with their true superstar healthy and onboard. I wish Paige all the best and a quick recovery.

I feel for UCONN and it’s fan base losing such a talent. Though I am not a UCONN fan, we still do not want to see any player get hurt in any athletic program. I still believe that UCONN is still a final four team with the talent they have, it certainly would be easier with their true superstar healthy and onboard. I wish Paige all the best and a quick recovery.
Nah im taking SC , Stanford , NC State & Us to make the FF. No way They even make the FF last season without the heroics of paige in the elite 8 overtime game and i dont expect anyone else on the roster to be able to replicate that this season without her.

The concerned responses from our members concerning an injury to another team's player is yet another example of why I enjoy most of our board members. The individual who titled the thread, a Connecticutt fan obviously does not, and thus I will only state - not an appropriate title.

Get well Paige....You're a hell of a fine woman.
All of our best to you.....
Paige-Bueckers-.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to see this happen to anyone. Such a talent and wish her all the best in this journey. I know the UCONN fans are devastated and we can empathize with that. It happens too often.

The concerned responses from our members concerning an injury to another team's player is yet another example of why I enjoy most of our board members. The individual who titled the thread, a Connecticutt fan obviously does not, and thus I will only state - not an appropriate title.
Agreed, makes their post disingenuous.

Fell bad for her. do not want to hear about every time lady vols playon espn. maybe unconn rush her back to soon if its the same leg as last year.

She is such a great player but has had so many injuries. Sad for her.

Reactions: sisaq
Sorry to hear that for Paige, a great talent and true baller. I wish nothing but the best and a speedy recovery. Who knows, with today's technology, growing rehabilitation methods, we could see her in the NCAA'S to help her team and reassure WNBA coaches. I truly wish her the best, get well young lady.

Sorry to hear that for Paige, a great talent and true baller. I wish nothing but the best and a speedy recovery. Who knows, with today's technology, growing rehabilitation methods, we could see her in the NCAA'S to help her team and reassure WNBA coaches. I truly wish her the best, get well young lady.
No way is she going to come back this year. Anyone who would encourage someone to rush back after two severe injuries in the same knee in less than a year has zero concern for the person!

Reactions: NoBackBoard
No way is she going to come back this year. Anyone who would encourage someone to rush back after two severe injuries in the same knee in less than a year has zero concern for the person!
Don’t think the poster was encouraging her to come back too soon. I took it as just hoping new medical treatments might allow her to come back sooner rather than later.

VN Store

Back