Bad news for UConn fans, maybe not for you

StorrsCentral

Its being reporting that Paige Bueckers has sustained an ACL tear in a pick-up game. Screwed up our season again, still waiting for details. F--K!!!!

The Lady Vols have had their fair share of injuries over the past few seasons. Certainly don’t wish this on any player, regardless of where they play. I hope that she has a speedy recovery and heals well. Sad to not see her play in TBA this year.

Praying for a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹 but i'm not coronating SC repeat champions yet just because the games have to be played and we see how injuries impact teams or if a team gets hot (Louisville vs Brittany and Baylor) can impact the tourney.

But less be clear SC will start off as number 1 as they rightfully should.

So what does their line up look like now minus Paige ?
Only true PG we have is Nika Muhl, although Azzi has played the point. That is not a good Idea, as we need her off the ball. Muhl was told by Geno to work on her offense this summer, so if she has improved on that it could be her. That would mean no back-up. We will see how the chips fall, at least it didn't happen in December. I was really looking forward to seeing Paige and Azzi together healthy. I was really never worried about injuries until last year, and yes, its not just us, but it's happening too often these days.

Only true PG we have is Nika Muhl, although Azzi has played the point. That is not a good Idea, as we need her off the ball. Muhl was told by Geno to work on her offense this summer, so if she has improved on that it could be her. That would mean no back-up. We will see how the chips fall, at least it didn't happen in December. I was really looking forward to seeing Paige and Azzi together healthy. I was really never worried about injuries until last year, and yes, its not just us, but it's happening too often these days.

We feel you. Horston and Green for us had season ending injuries! They r the worst and hopefully your team can pull together

I never celebrate a player getting severely injured. I put the player first in this case rather than whatever I feel about their team. Hope she recovers well, has time to heal and mature, and makes a big splash later in her career.
Paige i definitely feel bad for ..shes a true baller and a transcendent player. Its the fans and the coach along with ESPN mainly whom i feel need the humbling . Let's see how they rank them when they magically redo the preseason top 25 due soley to paige's injury .

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Not outwardly, but I'm sure internally. Most members have not heard the news.

I was truly looking forward to seeing her on the Summitt against Kellies revamped squad.

I read it's the same knee. I know her dad was freaked and worried about her future because Paige wanted to go-go-go. I wonder how this affects her thinking about her basketball career at uconn if any.

VN Store

Back