Backyard Bird Watchers

volinbham

VN GURU
Any here in the VN? I've done it off and on over the years. Have had a Peterson Field Guide for about 20 years now.

My new place has a nice private back yard bordered with tall shrubs and hardwoods. Lots of activity. Got to add some feeders.

What say you VN?

I've got quite a few feeders up and see a good variety of birds in my backyard. Bright finches, blue birds and young cardinals are my favorites. Also see quite a few titmouses... they're not that pretty but fun say.

Lulz at thrashers avi talking about birds.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
My wife and I just bought our first house in March and this is definitely on my to-do list for this Spring/Summer.

My favorite sighting has been a flock of Cedar Waxwings. Had them once at the old house and once at the new. They must migrate through in late winter - only around for a day or two. Cool looking bird.

Reactions: pismonque
I got the Yankee Flipper for my B-day one year. Its awesome, but we have never seen any squirrels even try to get my bird feed since we got it. I guess they try (and fail) at night. I have seen some crows get thrown off it. Good stuff

Yankee Flipper - YouTube

One of the best places I ever lived for backyard bird watching was in Wrightwood, CA. It's in the Angeles National Forrest. And, there was a bird sanctuary about a half mile away. Where I am now, I see a lot of seagulls, red hawks, magpies and an eagle or two from the backyard.

If mosquito watching was a thing, my backyard would be perfect. It's a rainforest. I've thought about putting up feeders for a long time, as we get some colorful wildlife back there.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

VN Store

Back