Awful breaking story out of Indiana

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Reactions: RollerVol
Wow! Because of this guy's impatience, he's destroyed two families. The one of the children, and his own because he's no doubt going away for a while.

Wow! Because of this guy's impatience, he's destroyed two families. The one of the children, and his own because he's no doubt going away for a while.

I live right next to a K-4 school. It might be k-6 since they enlarged it. I walk right past the crossing guard almost daily. Some people don't slow down at all when the speed limit is 15. I hate to say it, but it is usually young females. Often on their phones. They don't know any better.

The three children killed this morning in a crash were all from the same family. Twin boys, age 6, and a 9-year-old girl were killed.

The driver, a 24-year-old woman, is cooperating with police. The bus arm was out when the crash happened, police say.

I live right next to a K-4 school. It might be k-6 since they enlarged it. I walk right past the crossing guard almost daily. Some people don't slow down at all when the speed limit is 15. I hate to say it, but it is usually young females. Often on their phones. They don't know any better.
I think people texting while driving is way more dangerous than even drunk driving

I've watched cars pass my kids bus as it's slowing to their stop. The thought that their 2min is worth my kids life scares me to death

Confronting parents even falls on deaf ears sometimes. I've talked with 3 different houses in my neighborhood about their younger drivers and only one has changed their habits. I would've had my keys yanked if anyone had said it to my parents. One even admitted I wasn't the first to bring it to their attention but their 16yo driver assured them we were mistaken. Documented all discussions with the HOA just in case something happens

Sad, sad, sad. Unfortunately, I see that every day in my drive in to work. People so impatient they ignore bus flashing lights and STOP arm.

I think people texting while driving is way more dangerous than even drunk driving
Using a mobile phone in any fashion impairs drivers. Other than listening to verbal directions, even "hands free" is distracting. Numerically, distracted driving is a greater problem than driving while intoxicated.

Using a mobile phone in any fashion impairs drivers. Other than listening to verbal directions, even "hands free" is distracting. Numerically, distracted driving is a greater problem than driving while intoxicated.
I'm sure you know that we've gone hands free, yet I had a young person almost hit me a few weeks ago while texting. Heck, I see adults doing it every day almost. My wife's friend already got busted, but still texts and calls every day. Georgians are horrible about it.

I'm sure you know that we've gone hands free, yet I had a young person almost hit me a few weeks ago while texting. Heck, I see adults doing it every day almost. My wife's friend already got busted, but still texts and calls every day. Georgians are horrible about it.

It's everywhere. Military installations have been hands free much longer than most states and I literally see it every day on post. Hell, even the MPs.

It's everywhere. Military installations have been hands free much longer than most states and I literally see it every day on post. Hell, even the MPs.
I hate the thought of wrecking and hurting someone, no way I'm taking a chance being on a phone.

here in Georgia people traveling the other direction often won't stop. I have nearly caused an accident a couple timess and been honked at numerous times for stopping. I think the law is you have to stop but it gets ignored.

I think another difference is on a divided road in Georgia the opposite traffic doesn't have to stop but in TN you do.

Last edited:
here in Georgia people traveling the other direction often won't stop. I have nearly caused an accident a couple teams and been honked at numerous times for stopping. I think the law is you have to stop but it gets ignored.

I think another difference is on a divided road in Georgia the opposite traffic doesn't have to stop but in TN you do.
I'm pretty sure you're right, but like you I've seen people completely ignore the law.

Georgia has already passed a law, banning the use of cell phones in cars. I'd expect Tennessee to follow suit sooner rather than later.

most buses in Illinois, have video cameras installed to nail these impatient idiots -- police in my town say they have nearly doubled traffic tickets since the new chief imposed zero tolerance on cell phone use while driving

BREAKING: Indiana State Police say the driver of the vehicle that struck and killed three siblings boarding a school bus this morning has been arrested.

Alyssa Shepherd, 24, is facing three felony charges of reckless homicide and one misdemeanor count of passing a school bus causing injury when an arm is extended.

As a mom, this is heart wrenching. I’ve flagged down cars at our bus stop as they blow past my kids’ stopped bus several times. Especially now that’s it’s so dark in the mornings when my kids head to the bus stop....it makes me so nervous.

As an avid runner, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve nearly been flattened by drivers staring at their phones or running stop signs or doing all sorts of idiotic things behind the wheel. Two families in shambles here. And for what? A few seconds shaved off a commute?

VN Store

Back