Awaka to the portal

Lol I saved you guys from turbovol, and a host of other “vol” fans who like the attention their posts receive from a false narrative that could have easily happened if I didn’t essentially disagree with the premise of Stoener’s post that had no context.

Honestly you all should be thanking me…

You owe SF an apology for attacking him before reading the entire thread and ranting about him being a liar etc. No…we don’t need to thank you. You were way out of bounds. Just admit it, apologize and move on.

You owe SF an apology for attacking him before reading the entire thread and ranting about him being a liar etc. No…we don’t need to thank you. You were way out of bounds. Just admit it, apologize and move on.
You don’t apologize for disagreements in context accidents happen on both sides to cause it, we’re both grown and understand that.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I believe the staff saw all they need from JP in tournament especially since he didn't shy away from Edey . They know his upside is much better than Tobe. Tobe understands why not cash in somebody will be willing to give me big bucks. In CHRIST Alone
You realize he totaled 2 points and 1 rebound against Texas, Creighton, and Purdue? The staff may have seen a lot of progress from JP in practice, but there wasn’t anything in the tournament to sway an impression unless pushing back against Edey impresses one?

Reactions: Namorto1
You realize he totaled 2 points and 1 rebound against Texas, Creighton, and Purdue? The staff may have seen a lot of progress from JP in practice, but there wasn’t anything in the tournament to sway an impression unless pushing back against Edey impresses one?
He’s not wrong though JP has more upside than Awaka, but that is no knock on Awaka

Reactions: wmcovol
Face it fellas. With JP developing, he’s going to get increased minutes next year. There aren’t going to be enough minutes for 3 post players to share. Tobe could play the 4 if he had developed a semblance of a 15 ft jumper but does anybody really see that happening?And constant foul trouble limits his minutes as well. It appears he has been guaranteed more NIL dollars and PT and I’m betting he’s moving closer to home which may be his biggest objective. Won’t blame him a bit and best of luck to him if that’s the main reason.

He is the best skilled 5 Barnes has had at Tennessee. He will play big minutes and is better than Tobe.

He is the best skilled 5 Barnes has had at Tennessee. He will play big minutes and is better than Tobe.
If some coach can coach Toby not to immediately foul upon entering the game he’s got a chance to be really good somewhere…am thinking NC State type or maybe Big East. Who knows. Head scratcher on that transfer.

Every core member of the team has an offer somewhere else of more money and more minutes. We are not handling either aspect well this year. While NIL has changed things, it has never been like this, and we aren’t ready.
So boosters aren't coming through with NIL. Not really surprised. Some schools are fortunate to have boosters willing to go all out.

Awaka got a money and pt offer that was very good. He decided he had to take it as we did not have a counter. Meika just commented that she hates how the game is going and the terrible choices kids have to make. She is a particularly brilliant woman, and also a sports psychologist, in addition to being a mom. If she’s worried, it’s not because she’s seeking drama.
Out of curiosity, why is it no one ever turns those who are tampering in?

My old Sgt used to say “The grass is always greener…over the $&%#?! septic tank”
That was Erma Bombeck's famous book.

51wcAMfae2L._SL350_.jpg

If the spot were still available maybe, but I can't see UT waiting on a player unless it's someone super talented like a Knecht. I wouldn't. Any player who enters the portal forfeits his scholarship IMO.
Probably academic. Sounds like he was enticed to enter the portal by an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Thanks for clearing it up ppl hang on to your words and they would take that quote and turn it into a negative without knowing the context..
The real question is why do other people's thoughts and interpretations of other people's words engulf your emotions?

You flare up and immediately redline whenever someone posts something you take the slightest exception with. You did the same with me a week ago before backtracking and agreeing with me after I was forced to spell out my explanation down to the most granular detail.

Some unsolicited advice...if you take exception with something, try being curious instead of aggressively snapping. Ask questions rather than flying off the handle and telling people they are idiots, casuals, etc. Your presence here for the past 4 months has been marked mostly as hostile and antagonistic. This place is a lot more fun when people engage in civil discussion, which doesn't mean we all have to agree.

VN Store

Back