Aviation Discussion

Great pic.....The P3 Orion would love to seek out, track and simulate weapons away with a Mark 46 torpedo, pretending it’s a Soviet sub. Of course US submariners hated playing war games with anti-submarine aviation platforms. They hated turning on their augmenters so we could find them.

Attachments

• 34D207C9-B524-4D60-ADEF-B69BA4E57D0C.jpeg
    34D207C9-B524-4D60-ADEF-B69BA4E57D0C.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: ATC_VOL
@ATC_VOL

Got my first two this week. Came just hours before the flight surgeon suspended training for the third time due to too many COVID cases at the facility. Of course my first day working on my own every SWAP route for the east coast sent all traffic over BKW.

@ATC_VOL

Got my first two this week. Came just hours before the flight surgeon suspended training for the third time due to too many COVID cases at the facility. Of course my first day working on my own every SWAP route for the east coast sent all traffic over BKW.

That’s great about the raise, congrats! My d-side trainee has half of their sectors (all highs) and we got to train about a week on the low side sectors before they just stopped our training as well.

@ATC_VOL

Got the rest of my Ds today. They say it could be up to a year before I get a radar date with how backed up everything is. Plus our lab instructors are quitting over the vaccine mandate haha.

Also, is it customary to get your trainers a gift upon certification?

Congrats on all of the d-sides! Rumor is we’re going to lose 4 instructors here from the mandate.

3-6 months of seasoning time before r-school can be a good thing. After that you kinda get bored and are ready to move to the r-side.

I never got individual gifts for my trainers. Just a big 3 course lunch for the whole area after I made CPC. I did bring a cake my wife made when I got all of my d-sides. Every area here is a little different in what’s expected so I’m sure there’s a lot of variation between facilities.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol
Pictures from Mountain Empire Airport this weekend.

Attachments

• D2058D96-63E2-4DAF-BB79-3823ADCF1763.jpeg
    D2058D96-63E2-4DAF-BB79-3823ADCF1763.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 7039953E-AD7C-44C8-9812-2664CFECAC83.jpeg
    7039953E-AD7C-44C8-9812-2664CFECAC83.jpeg
    793.4 KB · Views: 4
@ATC_VOL They’ve been keeping the D sides out of the area except it gets really busy since Christmas. I’ve been bored out of my mind.

Good news is that I got my radar class date for next month, though.

Reactions: ATCVolinmn
@ATC_VOL They’ve been keeping the D sides out of the area except it gets really busy since Christmas. I’ve been bored out of my mind.

Good news is that I got my radar class date for next month, though.

We stopped training last week and will probably be stopped for awhile. Probably over 30 people out center wide right now. We just had two come down from r-school and they’re just sitting around right now.

D-sides are allowed to work but this past week was pretty slow so they weren’t in the area too much. That’s great you got a class already. Do you all have the new scopes yet?

We stopped training last week and will probably be stopped for awhile. Probably over 30 people out center wide right now. We just had two come down from r-school and they’re just sitting around right now.

D-sides are allowed to work but this past week was pretty slow so they weren’t in the area too much. That’s great you got a class already. Do you all have the new scopes yet?

My radar class will be the first to train on them. They aren’t installed in the area yet. What’s your opinion if you have them?

My radar class will be the first to train on them. They aren’t installed in the area yet. What’s your opinion if you have them?

We get them next month. They’re in the lab, so I’ve seen them but haven’t worked a position yet. It looks like the new dwell lock feature will take some getting used to, and it’ll be annoying to adjust your headset volume now since the scope will be in the way. I’m sure we’ll get used to them after a couple of weeks though.

We get them next month. They’re in the lab, so I’ve seen them but haven’t worked a position yet. It looks like the new dwell lock feature will take some getting used to, and it’ll be annoying to adjust your headset volume now since the scope will be in the way. I’m sure we’ll get used to them after a couple of weeks though.

I don’t know much about them. Do D sides get their own display or do they still work off the R side and have EDST?

Yeah same setup for the d-side. I’ve heard rumors it’s almost impossible to see the conflict alert go off from the d-side position though.

That’ll be nice when you’re working with a crotchety old ****er with his screen dimmed all the way down and fine print data blocks.

Just dreaming here a little bit sorta. Let’s say I was a wealthy man and I bought my own passenger jet. How hard is it to find a pilot to fly my ass where I wanted to go? Also what do you usually pay them to do it? Is their like a website you can search, like a pilot for higher thingy?

VN Store

Back