Aviation Discussion

In the 60's he ran out of fuel over Hanoi and came out of there 75 feet above the ground at 625 to avoid the SAMS and then
a fellow that he was in flight school with heard his radio transmission and came and refueled him in the air and that
situation was an absolute miracle. Normally he would not have ran out of fuel, but his fuel tank would not switch over. He was on the USS Independence then.
He is and always will be my Hero, and he is still going strong doing real estate now, and he is still a "Commander", he is just not in the Navy anymore :)
Dad in uniform.jpg

Last edited:
Had a first yesterday. Working a flight into Nashville and they had a lady giving birth on board.
Was BNA final destination for flight or somewhere else? so inquiring minds want to know declared emerg? Priority vectors? ho hum it’ll be over by the time we get there? Any medical personeell on board or just flight attendant first aid training? Can’t just drop that little biggie with no context lol!

Was BNA final destination for flight or somewhere else? so inquiring minds want to know declared emerg? Priority vectors? ho hum it’ll be over by the time we get there? Any medical personeell on board or just flight attendant first aid training? Can’t just drop that little biggie with no context lol!
Lol...
BNA was original destination and they continued on there. They had a nurse on board and only asked to be given a different runway to land on that was closer to the gate. I did give them as much of a shortcut as I could. They didn’t declare but my supervisor did for them.

The pilots were very ho hum about it, but that usually seems to be the case. I had a DC-10 pilot one time who thought the tail engine was on fire and sounded incredibly bored at the thought of it.

Reactions: bag12day
@ATC_VOL How do you think swaps and transfers will go post COVID?
That’s hard to say. Swaps seem pretty rare these days. Transfers, it just depends if your facility can get above whatever the % they have laid out for you. No one in the whole nation getting certified over the past 6 months certainly hasn’t helped either.

VN Store

Back