Aviation Discussion

It’s longer than that. It takes folks a month or so to draw all their maps then they send them to the floor as A-sides. They’ve been hanging out for maybe 5 or 6 months before going back to the training department and working as remote pilots for other people’s classes for 2 or 3 months before getting into class themselves.

I was referring to the 3 month hold on anyone selecting ZME. I think that’s what they told us for New York.

I was referring to the 3 month hold on anyone selecting ZME. I think that’s what they told us for New York.

Oh okay. No, I haven’t heard any mention of that. I know they had a hold for a little while last year but it was lifted pretty quick.

Did anyone make it to the air show in Smyrna this weekend? My sons treated me to an early Father's Day by taking us.
Despite getting washed out a couple of times, it was still a great show.
Love those aerobatic and P-51 mustang pilots.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and rs16
Did anyone make it to the air show in Smyrna this weekend? My sons treated me to an early Father's Day by taking us.
Despite getting washed out a couple of times, it was still a great show.
Love those aerobatic and P-51 mustang pilots.

Saw some pictures from it. Looked like a good time, glad you enjoyed it.

@ATC_VOL

I went 100 and then 85 on my NR runs today. Second problem I gave a 5 mile restriction because I had cleared a guy into the hold, but he hadn’t progressed SQS yet so it should’ve been 6 miles on the IGB side.

I have 19/20 points so far so I’m looking good going into radar.

@ATC_VOL

I went 100 and then 85 on my NR runs today. Second problem I gave a 5 mile restriction because I had cleared a guy into the hold, but he hadn’t progressed SQS yet so it should’ve been 6 miles on the IGB side.

I have 19/20 points so far so I’m looking good going into radar.

That’s great. IIRC I had a 84 and a 85 on my NR. Getting in the lab is a lot more fun than the non-radar stuff. It goes by quick when you get down there though.

Any idea on what your list will look like?

That’s great. IIRC I had a 84 and a 85 on my NR. Getting in the lab is a lot more fun than the non-radar stuff. It goes by quick when you get down there though.

I got lucky and got a pretty easy problem for the first run. Hopefully radar clicks for me.

Have you heard anything about the availability of Memphis?

I got lucky and got a pretty easy problem for the first run. Hopefully radar clicks for me.

Have you heard anything about the availability of Memphis?

Haven’t specifically heard anything but it’s been a couple months since we got anyone from the Academy I think. We did just get someone new that graduated a few months ago that hardshipped here. We need people though, I’m getting tired of working 6 day weeks.

Had a rough first run, but am still in pretty good shape. Hope it doesn’t come down to me taking NY but a job is a job.

You have evals today and tomorrow? I had a bad 2nd problem on my first day. Did well on the other two, so don’t let one bad one discourage you.

Cool, hope it goes well for you. I remember needing something like a 38 to pass that last day. How long do you get to pick a facility?

All eight of us passed. First time they’ve seen it in years. I came back strong on the second day and I think I finished third. We’re getting final scores soon.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
All eight of us passed. First time they’ve seen it in years. I came back strong on the second day and I think I finished third. We’re getting final scores soon.

Awesome man, was thinking about you today. Keeps you off of Long Island if that’s true.

Awesome man, was thinking about you today. Keeps you off of Long Island if that’s true.

I think I’m getting Indy, which is what I would’ve taken if I had finished first. I spent all night catastrophizing, but everything works out.

I think I’m getting Indy, which is what I would’ve taken if I had finished first. I spent all night catastrophizing, but everything works out.

Hope that works out, I like Indy. Spent a week and a half at the center there taking a class. My airspace is next to two of their areas and they’ll all pretty cool to work with.

VN Store

Back