Auto Audio Help

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
I have audio books saved on a USB thumb drive and my Genesis has a USB reader that I can plug that into and listen to them. I'm getting rid of that car and will drive my '11 Yukon that has this stereo with an audio jack (on the middle right).

2011-GMC-Yukon-XL-2500-SUV-SLE-4x2-Interior-Stereo-Controls.jpg

Is there an adaptor that will plug into that audio jack that will read a USB stick with MP3 files? Thanks.

I have audio books saved on a USB thumb drive and my Genesis has a USB reader that I can plug that into and listen to them. I'm getting rid of that car and will drive my '11 Yukon that has this stereo with an audio jack (on the middle right).

View attachment 371431

Is there an adaptor that will plug into that audio jack that will read a USB stick with MP3 files? Thanks.
Like this? Screenshot_20210601-192534_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I bought something that looked like this on Amazon but it wouldn't read the info from my thumb drive. I didn't know if there were different versions of those that will read MP3 files.
Ahh ok. I don't know then, sorry.

Ahh ok. I don't know then, sorry.

That one may work. I looked up the one I bought previously and it didn't mention MP3. This one does. I also looked in the owners manual and it says it supports MP3 formats. I may have prolly bought the wrong one. Thanks.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Upon further reading of the owners' manual I located a USB reader in it.....it was my wife's vehicle and I rarely drove it (not making an excuse). I've just never paid that much attention to it other than cleaning and refueling.

/Thread. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N

View attachment 371431

That's very clean looking for a 2011, or is that a stock photo?

Reactions: Boca Vol
Upon further reading of the owners' manual I located a USB reader in it.....it was my wife's vehicle and I rarely drove it (not making an excuse). I've just never paid that much attention to it other than cleaning and refueling.

/Thread. Sorry about that.
banished forthwith to UGA Nation.

Reactions: Boca Vol
That's very clean looking for a 2011, or is that a stock photo?
@YankeeVol

Below is an actual pic of the stereo in my Yukon.

I have an appt. with the local GMC dealer on Friday because for the last year the battery light stays on and it says, "Service Battery Charging System." It has never hesitated starting and I've disconnected the battery and re-connected. It still happens. Google searching it appears to be a common problem with that engine though I didn't have it with my '08 Tahoe. I don't think it's the alternator. Any ideas off the top of your head?

Yukon Stereo.jpg

@YankeeVol

I have an appt. with the local GMC dealer on Friday because for the last year the battery light stays on and it says, "Service Battery Charging System." It has never hesitated starting and I've disconnected the battery and re-connected. It still happens. Google searching it appears to be a common problem with that engine though I didn't have it with my '08 Tahoe. I don't think it's the alternator. Any ideas off the top of your head?

View attachment 372322
105.9 The Rock

@YankeeVol

View attachment 372322
That's odd. Is it the original battery?

That's odd. Is it the original battery?

I'm not sure. With my '08 Tahoe you would know when the battery was going bad, especially down here in FL. The Yukon cranks right up. I hope they can tell me on Fri.

VN Store

Back