Auto Audio Help

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
I have audio books saved on a USB thumb drive and my Genesis has a USB reader that I can plug that into and listen to them. I'm getting rid of that car and will drive my '11 Yukon that has this stereo with an audio jack (on the middle right).

2011-GMC-Yukon-XL-2500-SUV-SLE-4x2-Interior-Stereo-Controls.jpg

Is there an adaptor that will plug into that audio jack that will read a USB stick with MP3 files? Thanks.

Notorious B.E.N

Vols & Braves
Lab Rat
I have audio books saved on a USB thumb drive and my Genesis has a USB reader that I can plug that into and listen to them. I'm getting rid of that car and will drive my '11 Yukon that has this stereo with an audio jack (on the middle right).

View attachment 371431

Is there an adaptor that will plug into that audio jack that will read a USB stick with MP3 files? Thanks.
Like this? Screenshot_20210601-192534_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
Upon further reading of the owners' manual I located a USB reader in it.....it was my wife's vehicle and I rarely drove it (not making an excuse). I've just never paid that much attention to it other than cleaning and refueling.

/Thread. Sorry about that.

YankeeVol

This is the way

View attachment 371431

That's very clean looking for a 2011, or is that a stock photo?

jackcrevol

Well Known Member
Upon further reading of the owners' manual I located a USB reader in it.....it was my wife's vehicle and I rarely drove it (not making an excuse). I've just never paid that much attention to it other than cleaning and refueling.

/Thread. Sorry about that.
banished forthwith to UGA Nation.

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
That's very clean looking for a 2011, or is that a stock photo?
@YankeeVol

Below is an actual pic of the stereo in my Yukon.

I have an appt. with the local GMC dealer on Friday because for the last year the battery light stays on and it says, "Service Battery Charging System." It has never hesitated starting and I've disconnected the battery and re-connected. It still happens. Google searching it appears to be a common problem with that engine though I didn't have it with my '08 Tahoe. I don't think it's the alternator. Any ideas off the top of your head?

Yukon Stereo.jpg

@YankeeVol

I have an appt. with the local GMC dealer on Friday because for the last year the battery light stays on and it says, "Service Battery Charging System." It has never hesitated starting and I've disconnected the battery and re-connected. It still happens. Google searching it appears to be a common problem with that engine though I didn't have it with my '08 Tahoe. I don't think it's the alternator. Any ideas off the top of your head?

View attachment 372322
105.9 The Rock

YankeeVol

This is the way
@YankeeVol

View attachment 372322
That's odd. Is it the original battery?

VN Store

Sponsors