• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Auriemma is SUCH a DOUCHE!!!!

I'm sure he's worried about what you guys say about him when he's laying in the bed at night thinking about his winning record against Pat

He's probably wondering why he is coaching girls... Was that always his goal, or did something go wrong at some point?

Get real Rasputin, you know a majority of these posters have never had "logic" to anything
I'm still tripping off of people supporting a women's basketball coach that cancels a game/series based on some he said/she said crap and some cheating. I can't think of any other incident where a team/athlete has cancelled a game or series because they felt that the opponent had talked behind their back or that they felt that the opponent was a bunch of cheaters. I mean, the normal competitive spirit in most people would make them want to go out and beat their brains out on the playing field, inspite of the cheating or whatever is said behind their back. I mean, I stated instances in sports that were far worse in severity than this little crap that Geno has been accused of, and you still had people itching to compete with each other.

At least the Patriots came out and hammered everyone they played this season to prove their point. Pat has nothing

I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of Fulmer to say the least, but not even he backed away from playing Alabama or went to petition the league to cancel the Alabama game based on the amount of cheating they did. Heck, he was even threatened with a sub peona one year and still had the desire to play Alabama. I bet if you told Fulmer that Nick Saban had been going around telling other coaches some of the most embarrassing, cruel things you could imagine behind his back and was handing out $100 bills on every Memphis street corner trying to recruit players, that he wouldn't cancel the series with Bama. And I'm not even a Fulmer fan and realize that.

At least the Patriots came out and hammered everyone they played this season to prove their point. Pat has nothing

Besides two straight national titles? Are you seriously this ignorant? Also, the Alabama nonsense above me is completely different. Phil cannot back away from playing Alabama, they are in the same conference as Tennessee. I don't see why you guys are so stuck on supporting Geno. Who cares about that guy? Who cares about Tenn Vs Uconn in anything but the tournament? You are sitting here beating a dead horse on a Tennessee forum wondering why Tennessee fans are supporting Pat Summitt?

Besides two straight national titles? Are you seriously this ignorant? Also, the Alabama nonsense above me is completely different. Phil cannot back away from playing Alabama, they are in the same conference as Tennessee. I don't see why you guys are so stuck on supporting Geno. Who cares about that guy? Who cares about Tenn Vs Uconn in anything but the tournament? You are sitting here beating a dead horse on a Tennessee forum wondering why Tennessee fans are supporting Pat Summitt?

And if you read the post, you would see that I said that Phill didn't petition the league to not have the Vols play Bama.

So wait... if Bama wasn't in the SEC, am I hearing you say that it would have been OK for Fulmer to have considered not playing them? :eek:hmy:

I'm saying he would have had the option if he wanted it. But, I have a feeling if Alabama and Tennessee were not in the same conference (or state) it wouldn't be the rivalry it is today for that very reason..the coaches could choose to stop playing it. What team outside of the SEC is a Tennessee Football rival? Also, Phil would have to play Alabama at some point regardless of any petition to the league so that is pretty moot.

I'm saying he would have had the option if he wanted it. But, I have a feeling if Alabama and Tennessee were not in the same conference (or state) it wouldn't be the rivalry it is today for that very reason..the coaches could choose to stop playing it. What team outside of the SEC is a Tennessee Football rival? Also, Phil would have to play Alabama at some point regardless of any petition to the league so that is pretty moot.
:ermm:

Get real Rasputin, you know a majority of these posters have never had "logic" to anything

I don't really know what to say. This post is groundbreaking in its absurdity. First, the guy who thinks Barry Bonds is hated because he's good claims to have a better grasp of logic than the rest of Volnation. If that wasn't enough, he's looking toward the master of illogical conclusions for validation. Also, the grammar is off.

because some people have nothing better to do than troll threads about subjects they claim to not care about.

Or some people (like the thread starter) have blinders on and have so far up a coach's rear that even when they make a dumb decision, they can't find the stomach call them out on it.

I still say Geno worked under an alias and portrayed the rogue karate instructor in Karate Kid.

Cancelling the series will hurt Geno far more than Pat. Pat is the King(?) of womens BB coaches, her record stands for itself. Geno is the queen...that is why he is such a douche...:) Geno is not coaching men's BB because he couldn't...It is that simple/////

Didn't something recently come out (I heard this on Cold Pizza) that UT turned in a report that had 11 violations from UCONN?

UConn has signed the #1 player the last 3 years:

2006 - Tina Charles
2007 - Maya Moore
2008 - Elena Delle Donne

Tennessee has signed the #1 class the last 2 years:

2007 - #2 Angie Bjorklund, #5 Vicki Baugh, #12 Kelley Cain, #38 Sydney Smallbone
2008 - #3 Glory Johnson, #4 Amber Gray, #8 Shekinna Stricklen, #15 Alicia Manning, #20 Alyssia Brewer, and Briana Bass

Now UConn and Tennessee (plus the other top schools) are in a battle for the 2009 #1 player - 6'5 Kelsey Bone of Texas.

if pat cancelled the series,i belive theres more to it then what everyone knows. probably only pat and geno will know the whole story.

VN Store

Back