Auriemma is SUCH a DOUCHE!!!!

Tennessee plays a strong enough schedule and gets plenty of exposure without this series and therefore doesn't need it..

Some of the people posting here are incapable of understanding that, or find it too convenient to simply ignore the fact.

Some of the people posting here are incapable of understanding that, or find it too convenient to simply ignore the fact.

It doesn't matter how strong their current schedule is. I've heard several people already say that the regular season is meaningless, anyways. So why not play it? Why not play one of the few teams that has been able to actually keep pace with the LVs over thelast dozen or so years? Nobody is arguing about the LVs schedule being hard (even though there is no parity in women's basketball and there are only 3-4 teams each year that have a realistic chance of winning all the marbles) or that the Vols helped to create the UCONN rivalry... or that the LVs will do better than UCONN is the series isn't played. It's not about all of that. What it is about is Pat cancelling a series against UCONN based on some petty cheating and some petty he said/she shaid crap.

I guess Bruce should cancel games with Vandy because Kevin Stallings had some harsh words about him last season after he painted his chest orange...

It doesn't matter how strong their current schedule is. I've heard several people already say that the regular season is meaningless, anyways. So why not play it? Why not play one of the few teams that has been able to actually keep pace with the LVs over thelast dozen or so years? Nobody is arguing about the LVs schedule being hard (even though there is no parity in women's basketball and there are only 3-4 teams each year that have a realistic chance of winning all the marbles) or that the Vols helped to create the UCONN rivalry... or that the LVs will do better than UCONN is the series isn't played. It's not about all of that. What it is about is Pat cancelling a series against UCONN based on some petty cheating and some petty he said/she shaid crap.

I guess Bruce should cancel games with Vandy because Kevin Stallings had some harsh words about him last season after he painted his chest orange...
No where near the same level of intensity as the jabs directed at Pat over the years. If it is not in the best interest for the Lady Vols to play the game then why play it. Because another team may need the rivalry? Because it is good for womens basketball? Summit has done plenty for the womens game why should she have to put up with Geno's crap every year when there is no need to. Maybe she is taking a stand so the NCAA will do something about the issues mentioned earlier.

(even though there is no parity in women's basketball and there are only 3-4 teams each year that have a realistic chance of winning all the marbles)

I think you are purely trolling right now, but this is just wrong. Clearly there is a dropoff in women's basketball after about the top 7 or 8 schools, but this is a sport whose last 2 teams to win national titles prior to Tennessee were Maryland and Baylor . . . not exactly traditional powers.

I think you are purely trolling right now, but this is just wrong. Clearly there is a dropoff in women's basketball after about the top 7 or 8 schools, but this is a sport whose last 2 teams to win national titles prior to Tennessee were Maryland and Baylor . . . not exactly traditional powers.

How is that trolling? I said earlier that you have your Baylors and Michigan States that pop up every now and then, but for the most part, you can pencil in UCONN and Tennessee as contenders for the title every season and you could have done that for the previous dozen years. Even the 2 seasons that you mentioned, you still had both teams make the Elite 8 in their "down" years. Along with UCONN and UT, you will have 2-3 other teams that pop up out of nowhere that can contend.

This parity issue keeps being slung around and I am curious as to how many men's teams actually had a chance to win the championship. Realistically, was it more than say 7 or 8?

I would say that Rutgers is the team we should replace UCONN with.

You mean that team that got robbed up here in Knoxville? The same one that felt they got cheated?
The same team that said that the Lady Vols win was tainted? :ermm:

This parity issue keeps being slung around and I am curious as to how many men's teams actually had a chance to win the championship. Realistically, was it more than say 7 or 8?

At best, it's half that number in women's basketball each season...

You mean that team that got robbed up here in Knoxville? The same one that felt they got cheated?
The same team that said that the Lady Vols win was tainted? :ermm:

It certainly wasn't Pat or the players fault. To answer you question yes. Rutgers coach has class and has a team that could become a power in WBBall. Why not!

It's a message board, not choir practice. This is sort of what happens.

Geno is a 1st class @ss....he has always been a @ss & will be a 1st class @ss till the day he dies.....Geno & Uconn can go to Hell

Heres to U Geno
:the_finger::finger3::the_finger:

I'm sure he's worried about what you guys say about him when he's laying in the bed at night thinking about his winning record against Pat

He is also thinking dam....she has 8 Titles & i only have 5...It's Genos fault, he could have done something about playing the Lady Vols if Uconn would have just made the finals....Geno screwed it up plain & simple.....Like i said Geno is a ASS & Him & Uconn can go to HELL!

I'm sure he's worried about what you guys say about him when he's laying in the bed at night thinking about his winning record against Pat

and i'm pretty sure Pat lies in bed at night and counts National Championships to put herself to bed instead of sheep.

You guys hate Geno for the same reason that people hate Barry Bonds, Tony Stewart, Randy Moss, Bill Belicheck, Tim Tebow, etc. They're all great at what they do. So everytime they say something border line out of control everyone is jumping on them. I'm not sure about what's went on behind the scenes but can some of you people admit that Geno has a winning record against Pat and is a great coach?

That explains why there is so much hatred toward Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, Peyton Manning, etc. They are just too good.

VN Store

Back