Auburn investigation uncovers more offenses...

The story could be true, but is this not the same broad who broke the Duke Lacrosse team story that was proved to be totally fabricated?

The ncaa can't be bothered by any school doling out payment to recruits and players.
They're much more interested in prosecuting coaches for inviting potential recruits to a cookout for an unauthorized hamburger.

Reactions: 1 person
Emmert's going to make sure this is cleaned up? LOL. Look at his own personal legacy of corruption.

It is way past time for the ruling body of college athletics to be run by professionals that have no dog in the hunt. The penalties for internal corruption of that body should be tied to the possibility of serious criminal federal charges if found guilty since it would be an interstate commerce type business. It would be amazing how fast the industry would get religion.

If they got through the Newton scandal, this is a walk in the park.

Attachments

• newtonchurch.png
    newtonchurch.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: 5 people
The NCAA simply needs to burn at this point. I would be willing to wager that Auburn isn't the only school that does things like this. However, the fact that the NCAA picks and chooses what they will and will not police is evidence enough that they are not capable of overseeing collegiate athletics. They do not care about the student athlete, as they constantly assert in those ridiculous student athlete commercials.

Maybe auburn will get in trouble and incoming freshmen can transfer without sitting out. Then Carl Lawson will come to Tennessee where he should of picked all along. I can dream anyways

That reporter was interviewed by the Mayhem in the AM guys on 790 in Atlanta this morning. She did not come off as particularly credible or honest.

Although, to be fair, I'm assuming she was not honest because of the way she was equivocating, changing the subject and dodging questions. However, it's possible she was just not intelligent enough to understand the questions and provide direct answers.

The NCAA simply needs to burn at this point. I would be willing to wager that Auburn isn't the only school that does things like this. However, the fact that the NCAA picks and chooses what they will and will not police is evidence enough that they are not capable of overseeing collegiate athletics. They do not care about the student athlete, as they constantly assert in those ridiculous student athlete commercials.

Sounds like a lack of institutional control and failure to monitor on the part of the NCAA, in my opinion.

Maybe auburn will get in trouble and incoming freshmen can transfer without sitting out. Then Carl Lawson will come to Tennessee where he should of picked all along. I can dream anyways

He will be on social security before the NCAA could finish the investigation.

Kind of makes you wonder how much Trooper slipped to Gerald Jones to turn traitor and help Auburn recruit.

Some rules are going to be broken, I get that. But leaving a kids family in the dark, Bad mouthing a player to NFL scouts and potentially ruining his career because he's not coming back for a senior season, telling current players if they talk to their friend they may lose their scholarship, and changing grades is SORRY. IMO. I want Tennessee to win again, more than I can ever describe I want it. But, I don't want the coaching staff to sell their souls to do it. I want it to be done the "right" way. It may take a while, but it can still be done.

Sounds like a lack of institutional control and failure to monitor on the part of the NCAA, in my opinion.

The NCAA is and always has been a garbage institution. One needs to look no further than their handling of any major investigation to get an idea of how they operate.

Noticed KNS Evan Woodbury was mentioned as being one of the original reporters covering all this. Wonder if AU ran him out of town?

VN Store

Back