Auburn investigation uncovers more offenses...

These were all legal adults. You would have no real right to know.

You may be correct in terms of the letter of the law, but I think it would be common courtesy for the coach to call the parent when their son has been arrested.

Auburn's been in trouble with the NCAA for 60 years. Its unreal. Below link is from a Hogs fan blog, traces the history of Auburn paying players and their trouble with the NCAA...

Have Those Around Auburn Ever Quit Paying Players? - Hog Database

Auburn hasn't had a major NCAA violation in football in 22 years. Longer I bet than some posters on here have been alive.

I haven't even mentioned the fact that these payment as well as pot claims were said to be done the same time the NCAA was living on our campus? Doesn't make sense.

Auburn hasn't had a major NCAA violation in football in 22 years. Longer I bet than some posters on here have been alive.

I haven't even mentioned the fact that these payment as well as pot claims were said to be done the same time the NCAA was living on our campus? Doesn't make sense.

Good point. That kind of stuff has never happened before.

Said the governor of Texas, and all of the boosters, staff and administration at SMU.

You may be correct in terms of the letter of the law, but I think it would be common courtesy for the coach to call the parent when their son has been arrested.

Just like a professor can lose their job for telling a student's grade or current academic standing to a parent without the child's consent, or just like a doctor can't release health info for Hippocratic oath if the patient is 18 (or younger in some states), they would risk their job or a lawsuit for telling without permission, regardless of courtesy sadly. I found this out by my mother asking one of my professors how I was doing in class just in casual conversation.

Just like a professor can lose their job for telling a student's grade or current academic standing to a parent without the child's consent, or just like a doctor can't release health info for Hippocratic oath if the patient is 18 (or younger in some states), they would risk their job or a lawsuit for telling without permission, regardless of courtesy sadly. I found this out by my mother asking one of my professors how I was doing in class just in casual conversation.

I'm going to just take you at your word that what you are saying is correct.

Now that we have that out of the way...

Mom: I could send my 5 * son anywhere. Why should I send him 400 miles away to your school?

Coach: We'll take good care of him, I'll treat him like he's my own son. I'll make sure he gets his degree, of course he's got to work at it, I'm not giving him anything, but based on our depth chart, there's a real chance your son could contribute as a freshmen.

Mom: Yes, his education is what this is about and I can't be there. So, if he's cutting class you'll let me know?

Coach: Yes Ma'am, we have great academic support for our players, the best in the country.

Mom: So, if I need to stay on him, ya'll will let me know?

Coach: Nah, I'm a football coach. I don't care what he does when he's not on the field. Hell, lol, even if he gets arrested, he's on his own...I mean, we'll get him out of jail if he's a starter, we'll change his grades to keep him bowl eligible. But, ya know for the most part...unless he's a starter, and even then, you know, maybe a Heisman contender...I mean I know all these schools are talkin' 'bout family, we're better than that at SECU...Check it! We stress individual accountability! Your son will love the feeling of abandonment he gets from me when the $&*t hits the fan.

Mom: hummmmm, soooo, yer saying you WILL or you will NOT call me if my son is in trouble?

Coach: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I see...look, tell ya what I'm gonna do. Normally, I'd never do anything like this, but your son is SPECIAL(slides a white envelope onto the table and winks...knowingly).

Mom: Look Coach, if my son gets in trouble will you call me so I can come help my baby OR NOT!?

Coach: There's enough money in that envelope for you to buy a TV...Now you can watch ESPN and find out about your son like all the other parents. They call it the "ticker", beats me, hell, I'm still trying to figure out what "spice" is...

Lulz. Have fun being irrelevant for the next 10 years.

Was that sarcasm?

While under NCAA sanctions, and among on-going NCAA investigations, SMU continued paying players. The entire administration (including the TX governor), along with the coaching staff, were in on it.

So, yes. It was sarcasm.

:hi:

VN Store

Back