Auburn / Harsin

Auburn would just have to be the most miserable coaching job that has a realistic chance of getting to the Playoffs.
Winning was never good enough and the knives are always out concerning the money men. Gus should have been safe, and that should be an object lesson.

So you think Auburn is going to hire a coach who never beat a ranked team as a coach? Rhule is fools gold. And I think he's going to take at least a year off
He was a hot commodity at Baylor and seems to obviously not be an NFL coach. We’re all hearing Deion, Kiff, and a couple others that Auburn has zero chance at…..so Rhule might be the best option. Got a gut feeling several are gonna turn this down .

He was a hot commodity at Baylor and seems to obviously not be an NFL coach. We’re all hearing Deion, Kiff, and a couple others that Auburn has zero chance at…..so Rhule might be the best option. Got a gut feeling several are gonna turn this down .

Just curious, why do you think Auburn has no shot with Kiff and Deion.

Personally, I think Kiff would crawl over broken glass to get the Auburn job.

Deion, I honestly do not know. As a "coach" he's probably a liability. As a recruiting asset, he's worth his weight in gold. As long as he has lock down coordinators, it may just be stupid enough to work. Hell, that was pretty much the Bobby Bowden model his last decade at FSU.

Just curious, why do you think Auburn has no shot with Kiff and Deion.

Personally, I think Kiff would crawl over broken glass to get the Auburn job.

Deion, I honestly do not know. As a "coach" he's probably a liability. As a recruiting asset, he's worth his weight in gold. As long as he has lock down coordinators, it may just be stupid enough to work. Hell, that was pretty much the Bobby Bowden model his last decade at FSU.
I think Kiff has “grownup” a bit and actually likes it in Oxford. Deion has his sights one one job, and the way FSU is looking, my 7-8 win prediction is now at 6 wins.

Plus the fact that Auburn’s lofty status has taken a big hit. With UT, UM, even UK rising, the Auburn job maybe isn’t what it used to be.
IDK……just thoughts.

I think Kiff has “grownup” a bit and actually likes it in Oxford. Deion has his sights one one job, and the way FSU is looking, my 7-8 win prediction is now at 6 wins.

Plus the fact that Auburn’s lofty status has taken a big hit. With UT, UM, even UK rising, the Auburn job maybe isn’t what it used to be.
IDK……just thoughts.
Auburn is sick of buyouts. I'll bet next coach won't be high enough caliber to warrant a big buyout. Getting a good coach isn't easy. UT was in the wilderness for more than a decade and we had some good fortune to (finally) get a up and coming coach that actually is good at what he does. Honestly, timing and luck have a lot to do with it. There were many more "big name" coaches we could have gone after and that some here were drooling after, and many of those were wasted money by the team that hired them. I don't envy Auburn's position now, and I've always liked their program.

Reactions: peaygolf
So you think Auburn is going to hire a coach who never beat a ranked team as a coach? Rhule is fools gold. And I think he's going to take at least a year off
Auburn hired Gene Chizik, who went 5-19 at Iowa St. They also hired Tommy Tuberville, who went 12-20 in conference play at a lower-tier SEC school. Harsin, in 7 seasons at Boise St, only beat 5 ranked teams.

Auburn could do much worse than Rhule, especially give their dysfunction. Baylor's program was laid waste after the scandal and he had them a play away from winning the Big 12 just 3 seasons later. It was a pretty impressive job. He lost 2 very close games to OU that season and held his own against UGA in the Sugar Bowl.

I still think Mullen is a good coach but they need to do better than that to keep hope alive for their fans.

Mullen's a good coach, but Auburn would be the worst fit for him imaginable. He'd do better somewhere like Georgia Tech where the expectations are more tempered, and he can have an occasional 5-7 season to go along with a 9-3 or 10-2 season.

For Auburn? Are we talking about the same Auburn?

The SEC might fight it, but Auburn will gladly crawl into bed with any decent coach they could.

I should have said, a deterrent for certain decision-makers.

Mullen's a good coach, but Auburn would be the worst fit for him imaginable. He'd do better somewhere like Georgia Tech where the expectations are more tempered, and he can have an occasional 5-7 season to go along with a 9-3 or 10-2 season.
What scares me for Mullen is the Saban rehabilitation program. Mullen is a fantastic play caller who hates to recruit. Pair him with an elite recruiter like Saban who has 5* players everywhere and I don't like that combo.

I should have said, a deterrent for certain decision-makers.
Same comment. Majority of their decision makers base their hires on ability to beat Bama, not morals. (Look at Bruce Pearl. Great coach, but just coming off a show cause and divorce, etc. Morals didn't matter at all).

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Same comment. Majority of their decision makers base their hires on ability to beat Bama, not morals. (Look at Bruce Pearl. Great coach, but just coming off a show cause and divorce, etc. Morals didn't matter at all).
Yeah, they would provide the hookers and as many burner phones as needed to get Freeze going there.

Brian Harsin will be fired after losing to Alabama badly and immediately get a flight to Boise to take the Boise State head coaching job in December after Andy Avalos is fired.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back