Auburn / Harsin

The Auburn "Powers That Be" better have a plan to sell to fans ASAP as paying off Harsin so quickly after Gus is quite a load. Dan Mullen would be the best they could do IMHO if he wanted the job.

The Auburn "Powers That Be" better have a plan to sell to fans ASAP as paying off Harsin so quickly after Gus is quite a load. Dan Mullen would be the best they could do IMHO if he wanted the job.

I am still in disbelief that they wrote Gus a huge check, only to go out and hire Harsin. Gotta wonder how many coaches turned them down.

Same hiring cycle where we slid in late and grabbed Heupel. Auburn was certainly in a better position 18 months ago than we were. Gotta think their fans are displeased.

Side note/question-where the heck is Tom Herman? I would have thought somebody would have picked him up after the 21 season.

Maybe HarsinVol could give some insight into this subject?

I am still in disbelief that they wrote Gus a huge check, only to go out and hire Harsin. Gotta wonder how many coaches turned them down.

Same hiring cycle where we slid in late and grabbed Heupel. Auburn was certainly in a better position 18 months ago than we were. Gotta think their fans are displeased.

Side note/question-where the heck is Tom Herman? I would have thought somebody would have picked him up after the 21 season.
Everything I’ve read and heard makes it sound like Greene hired Harsin over booster objections because he wanted someone more loyal to him, which is why Greene is now former Auburn AD. Some people say the big AU booster wanted Steele. I’ve heard others say there was a group that wanted Freeze. What Greene did seems to resemble John Currie’s run at Mike Leach only the AU people decided to give it a season or two to play out instead of rescinding the offer and firing their AD.

Reactions: LadyVolette

*nvm I was wrong*

Last edited:

Former Texas head coach Tom Herman to join CBS as an analyst

Auburn is a better job but it’s not better enough right now to make me leave if I’m Kiffin.

I would need to see at least a couple of years of stability in the administration before I would make that move.

He has more than enough job security at Ole Miss to wait for a better situation.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Auburn is a better job but it’s not better enough right now to make me leave if I’m Kiffin.

I would need to see at least a couple of years of stability in the administration before I would make that move.

He has more than enough job security at Ole Miss to wait for a better situation.

I dunno man. Kiff was trying his absolute best to get out of there last off-season and nobody would have him.

Kinda makes me wonder if there is not a ticking time bomb buried somewhere in the Ole Miss program. Would certainly be on brand for him

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back