AU to fire Malzahn

Auburn is the case, IMO, of the spoiled fan base. I can't imagine someone doing more at Auburn than what he has while Saban is at Alabama.

While he loses his share, he wins his share as well (the exception is Georgia. they really have had a hard time with Georgia)
Maybe they're ready to install another puppet and buy themselves a championship again. Here, I think we're experiencing the opposite effect. I think Fulmer hates the fans and blames us for him not getting more chances to right the ship. He is trying to punish us by inflicting Pruitt on us for as long as possible.

Reactions: El Vez
They have had less than 4 losses once since 2013 under Malzahn and haven't been able to replicate the success they had with him as OC in winning a title.
Auburn isn't likely to sit on mediocrity and UT doesn't like sitting on lousy. The difference is that Aub is more prone to throw caution to the wind and dismiss a coach despite the huge buyout to get off mediocrity than UT is to make the same move to get off Lousy.

If Freeze goes to Auburn, we’re screwed.
Dear power boosters for UT football: If you sit on your hands and let Auburn hire the best coach that has been available to us since we began our slide thirteen years ago, don't ever call yourself a Vol again because you didn't care enough to do what you knew needed to be done. You are the ones who can make a sea change at this moment in the history of UT football: you can either leave your heads in the sand, or you can give a damn for a change and go get us the coach that will have us in the playoff within three years.

Put up or shut up. And if you shut up, I hope Neyland is empty for every game next year.

There was a guy in Tennessee media (don't remember who) who said that they should not fire Pruitt because this year the crop of coaching candidates is not good.

And I completely disagree with that. There are about 5 coaches out there off the top of my head who would be good hires.

Even if you struck out on Freeze, there are others.
Even if we named an interim, I think we’d be better off. The only future with Pruitt is further in the ditch.

Reactions: igotworms
Sounds like this is getting some steam. Trying get in on the Freeze sweepstakes. Negotiating a 10 year settlement to pay Gus his remaining 21 million.

If Freeze is hired by Auburn, no recruit will ever make it out of the cabin without committing to them.

Is there any confirmation of this or is it just a rumor?

I can understand that but what about all of the bowl games they have been in so often? How have you been doing recently? Did you have a good Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving was great.

Hope yours was well.

Think Auburn fans and maybe the admin have higher aspirations than making bowl games. We shall see I guess.

We’re screwed cause we’re always late to the party , any SEC team that hires a competent head coach buries us that much more , 12th recruiting class in the nation is 8th or 9th in the SEC and we don’t have the coaching to offset the talent gap
Waiting for the roster to crater means the next coach needs an extra year to get us off the mat.

In the SEC if you’re not climbing the ladder, you’re the one getting stepped on. Ole Miss has passed us already. That will be on display next year at Neyland.

Reactions: Vols1313
I live in AL, Auburn fans want to fire him every yr he doesn't beat AL and or win the SEC. So they want him fired 2 of every 3 yrs. He has been on the hot seat his entire tenure there. I would take this as a rumor until or if something more solid comes out. This is std AU fans MO. Half of their fan base want him fired after every season.

Tom Allen is on my short list. Proven HC in a P5 conference with a school not known for being a football school.

I have never been impressed with Malzhan or Freeze. And both schools have major rumors of cheating and paying players under each HC.

Flame away, but just my opinion.
I'd place a few coaches above him, but if we somehow got Tom Allen I'd be happy.

I live in AL, Auburn fans want to fire him every yr he doesn't beat AL and or win the SEC. So they want him fired 2 of every 3 yrs. He has been on the hot seat his entire tenure there. I would take this as a rumor until or if something more solid comes out. This is std AU fans MO. Half of their fan base want him fired after every season.
Probably some negative recruiting from their rivals (or even UT).

VN Store

Back