AU-Freeze, will it happen?

allstar34bd

I live in Alabama, most of the news I hear daily deals with Alabama; rarely the Barn. Heard from a reliable friend that Freeze to AU is practically sealed. I didn’t believe it at first, but looked on the message boards and saw it lined up with local rumors. I can honestly say, I don’t think this person reads messages boards… they have friends inside the program; but I don’t know where his source got their news from either.

Rumors are flying this morning
PS: post has been edited to switch kiffin to Freeze 🥶

Last edited:
Kiffin to AU could be the end of Saban or rejuvenate the old man and throw fuel to his fire. I’m excited to see how it turns out.

Kiffin to AU
Freeze to Ole Miss (redemption hire)
Bill O’brien to Liberty when CNS cans him 😂

Kiffin to AU

I don't think so. I think Kiffin is actually comfortable at OM, knows he has a guaranteed job if he simply maintains a winning record, and knows that less chaotic jobs than Auburn will be available in the near future.

Not a chance. Freeze will eventually get another chance at a P5 program. It'll probably be in the SEC. But the one place he will never work is Ole Miss. They cannot rehire the guy whom they fired for contacting hookers from his school phone.

Last edited:
Can you explain your response?
I think he will absolutely dominate. He can reload through the transfer portal and has unlimited funds for his coaching staff and recruiting expenses.
The boosters control that program. If he went 10-2 for three years they would have him fired.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I think he will absolutely dominate. He can reload through the transfer portal and has unlimited funds for his coaching staff and recruiting expenses.

Too many fingers in the Admin pie at the Barn, hiring Harsin then firing him has only tighten their grip. Going outside of the Barn family once might have worked back then but this time maybe not so much. LK is 0-3 against Nick, is that who they want to hire? The loss Saturday didn't help his case. Play calling cost Ole Miss that game, his play calling.

Frankly, at this point in time HC @ Ole Miss is the better position.

Last edited:
I live in Alabama, most of the news I hear daily deals with Alabama; rarely the Barn. Heard from a reliable friend that Kiffin to AU is practically sealed. I didn’t believe it at first, but looked on the message boards and saw it lined up with local rumors. I can honestly say, I don’t think this person reads messages boards… they have friends inside the program; but I don’t know where his source got their news from either.

Rumors are flying this morning

Kiffin would be an idiot to take the Auburn job.

Why would Kiffin take over a 1-2 year rebuild job at Auburn when Saban is near retirement and Kiffin could have a decent shot at being Saban's Successor?

He'd be an idiot to be the first coach to follow Saban.

Not really. He is one of the few ego guys who would take that job. And Bama is going to have a reckoning when the likes of Kirby and Dabo turn them down.

Not really. He is one of the few ego guys who would take that job. And Bama is going to have a reckoning when the likes of Kirby and Dabo turn them down.

I think the Gumps will have a hard time pulling in any "big name" coach and still believe CLK would be crazy to take that job. Let someone else be the Shula then swoop in and take the reigns.

I think the Gumps will have a hard time pulling in any "big name" coach and still believe CLK would be crazy to take that job. Let someone else be the Shula then swoop in and take the reigns.

I agree. I think any coach that succeeds Saban outside of Kirby or Dabo (which are NOT happening) would have trouble living in Saban's shadow.

However, I think Saban will also have input on his successor. And if the bigger names say no, there is Lane a couple hours down the road. Kiffin is prolly smart that he'd take the chance of flaming out over waiting for the Bama job to potentially open up again 3-4 years after Saban is done.

I think they will ultimately hire Mark Stoops. I believe that Stoops peaked at Kentucky last year and they're losing altitude quickly. Stoops should jump of that plane before it crashes.

Kiffin to AU could be the end of Saban or rejuvenate the old man and throw fuel to his fire. I’m excited to see how it turns out.

Kiffin to AU
Bill O’brien to Liberty when CNS cans him 😂

Lol. Why do you think Saban is afraid of Lame Kitten??? 😂😂😂😂

I hate Bama but you don’t turn down a chance to coach at Bama if you’re Kiffin regardless if he follows Saban. I do think Saban will get some say in who succeeds him and I don’t see it being Kiffin. Huge question is whether Dabo would jump.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I hate Bama but you don’t turn down a chance to coach at Bama if you’re Kiffin regardless if he follows Saban. I do think Saban will get some say in who succeeds him and I don’t see it being Kiffin. Huge question is whether Dabo would jump.

It’s not a question. Dabo isn’t leaving Clemson. Bama offers him nothing that Clemson can’t. And he’d be living in Saban’s shadows until he won 3-4 titles. At Clemson, his next title would be his 3rd at the program he built.

Kiffin and Saban have gotten awfully comfy with each other as they have seemed to thaw their icy relationship. If and when Dabo and Kirby turn them down, Bama will panic and when they can’t get their top choices, Kiffin will likely be available. Especially if he keeps winning 9-10 games per year at Ole Miss which is well above historical average.

Reactions: tbh
Make Tennessee 2010’s look like child’s play.

WSYellawood.jpg

VN Store

Back