AU-Freeze, will it happen?

For what it’s worth, Finebaum just said the job is Kiffin’s if he decides to take it.

Aub should hire Freeze. Both chase shirt. Freeze wants the job. Kiffin wants the attention to get another job.

Reactions: tomq_123
I wonder when Kiffin plays Ole Miss if the fans will throw BBQ sauce and baseballs at him? :D

Aub should hire Freeze. Both chase shirt. Freeze wants the job. Kiffin wants the attention to get another job.
If not Alabama, one has to wonder where Kiffin ultimately wants to end up. He always appears to be open to any and every coaching job as soon as it hits the market.

Reactions: wmcovol
I think they will ultimately hire Mark Stoops. I believe that Stoops peaked at Kentucky last year and they're losing altitude quickly. Stoops should jump of that plane before it crashes.
I disagree with this. After his brand taking a hit. If it gets that low they will try the Cadillac experience for sure.

Reactions: WillisWG
Kiffin would be an idiot to take the Auburn job.
Yep, taking a job where you're getting whipped by Bama, LSU, Georgia and your former team for 2 or 3 years would certainly make you an idiot. The Barn program could take 3 years to rebuild.

It’s not a question. Dabo isn’t leaving Clemson. Bama offers him nothing that Clemson can’t. And he’d be living in Saban’s shadows until he won 3-4 titles. At Clemson, his next title would be his 3rd at the program he built.

Kiffin and Saban have gotten awfully comfy with each other as they have seemed to thaw their icy relationship. If and when Dabo and Kirby turn them down, Bama will panic and when they can’t get their top choices, Kiffin will likely be available. Especially if he keeps winning 9-10 games per year at Ole Miss which is well above historical average.
Something I didnt think of before but with Saban gone and Bama presumably taking a step back it makes it easier for everyone else to get into the playoffs, as that slot just got opened up. So Dabo would have an easier path to get to the playoffs and championship at Clemson than he does now.

Because even though there will always be a national title worthy team, it wont be the same Bama team year in year out than ruined the sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
If Auburn hadn't lucked out and won the bidding war for Cam Newton when they hired Gene Chizik, they might have spent the 2010s being the Western Division version of us.

Gus did a pretty solid job but I guess you can make the only reason he got the job was he was OC when Cam was there, so point taken.

Josh Pate says it's real by the way and I trust him as much as anyone in the industry. That doesn't mean it's going to happen but Auburn and Lane have mutual interest.

I don't think that's a good move for Lane personally.

Josh Pate says it's real by the way and I trust him as much as anyone in the industry. That doesn't mean it's going to happen but Auburn and Lane have mutual interest.

I don't think that's a good move for Lane personally.
Kiffin and ________ have mutual interest every year. It’s as much of a football tradition as thanksgiving.

I think they will ultimately hire Mark Stoops. I believe that Stoops peaked at Kentucky last year and they're losing altitude quickly. Stoops should jump of that plane before it crashes.

The only way they hire Stoops is if about 5-6 other coaches say no and at that point they should just keep CW as coach. Stoops would be a major dud of a hire and would be eaten alive at a place with actual expectations.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
Kiffin is a wanderer and those people are never happy
Yep. There is a fine line between wanting something better for yourself and always thinking "I bet things are better over at XYZ. I'm going to go there." I think Lane is very rarely, if ever, in a content state, even if his current situation is really good.

I think he gets bored if his surroundings don't change often, like he has ADD or something.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back