Assistant Coaches

Does anyone know if Kim English is already in Knoxville? He was a nice player at Mizzou probably their last decent team and I remember when they got upset as a 2 in NCAA. That was when Frank Haith was there. He had a shady deal while at Miami and only lasted 2 years at Mizzou.

Tony Stubbelfield from Oregon. Great recruiter. How hard would Barbee be to lure from Cal? I know he played for him but would be nice as a recruiter.

I like the English hire, stud SEC player got some time in the NBA even...I think his age and ability to relate closely to players having been one himself recently will make him a good/solid recruiter

True, Big 12 stud then ;)

So Barnes actually coached against him as a player. And the Big 12 during that time was stronger... Texas, Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, and even A&M were all quality b-ball teams while he was at Missouri he even faced the really good Oklahoma team that had Blake on it his freshman year.

This is a solid hire. Not a sexy hire, but a solid one. Wish we could get AK on the staff somehow.

Hey maybe if English does a great job he could take over in a few years whenever Barnes retires.

I hope Schwartz gets the Associate HC job. He could be a candidate to take over for Barnes one day.

VN Store

Back