Assistant Coaches

Only one I heard was from Grant Ramey saying he's hearing talk about Jonas Hayes (Former UGA player), that coaches bigs at Xavier. But that was the day Lanier took the GA St. job

VQ saying Kim English is coming aboard...Schwartz will step in to AHC role replacing Lanier, assuming Des Oliver takes the Kennesaw State job. If Oliver stays I would expect him to fill Lanier’s spot, if he’s gone it’s thought Barnes will go hard after Jonas Hayes.

Reactions: sport3500 and Big Z
I wonder if Steve Alford will be a candidate? I read where he spent some time with Coach Barnes during the season.
VQ saying Kim English is coming aboard...Schwartz will step in to AHC role replacing Lanier, assuming Des Oliver takes the Kennesaw State job. If Oliver stays I would expect him to fill Lanier’s spot, if he’s gone it’s thought Barnes will go hard after Jonas Hayes.

Guessing both are solid recruiters? Didn't Hayes just make a move to Xavier? Would he relocate again this soon?

What is the Kim English connection, I wonder? Would have hoped for a more proven replacement for a guy with Lanier’s experience. What’s there to like about KE? As a recruiter, perhaps?

That'd be an awesome hire if he's willing
heard, in like the most rumor way possible, that he was a name that Barnes wanted to explore at one point, and at the time, didn't think money would get right.

not sure if that's changed now. but yeah, would be a great hire....

Reactions: sccshortstop
What is the Kim English connection, I wonder? Would have hoped for a more proven replacement for a guy with Lanier’s experience. What’s there to like about KE? As a recruiter, perhaps?
saw an article posted earlier that had the 7 degrees of Barnes for her. think she worked with a guy at CU that coached with Barnes at TX at one point.

Apparently English worked at Tulsa with Haith (former Texas assistant), and there's the connection to Barnes. Boyle is a solid coach at Colorado, watched a few of their games this year, so he's worked under some knowledgeable coaches. I like the hire, as English seems to be an up and coming assistant who also happened to play his college ball in the SEC.

English was a baller at Missouri. He was the leader of the 30 win team in 2011-2012. Got upset as a 2 seed to 15 seed Norfolk St.

Reactions: k-town_king
I was about to say no thanks to Kim English because I was thinking that was the guy coaching at Mizzou before CCM came along...but that was Kim Anderson.

I was about to say no thanks to Kim English because I was thinking that was the guy coaching at Mizzou before CCM came along...but that was Kim Anderson.

Me too!

English was with Haith for a couple of years, so Haith is the Barnes connection.

I don’t think Barnes is hiring English to replace Lanier per se, Schwartz moves up the ladder and English falls in behind him. Gonna be hard to hang on to Schwartz if you keep him in that 3rd spot. Sounds like English will be the 3rd assistant, right now Schwartz at 2 and Oliver as 1...if Oliver is gone Schwartz moves to 1 and Barnes looks to hire someone like Hayes as the #2.

Reactions: sport3500
English was with Haith for a couple of years, so Haith is the Barnes connection.

I don’t think Barnes is hiring English to replace Lanier per se, Schwartz moves up the ladder and English falls in behind him. Gonna be hard to hang on to Schwartz if you keep him in that 3rd spot. Sounds like English will be the 3rd assistant, right now Schwartz at 2 and Oliver as 1...if Oliver is gone Schwartz moves to 1 and Barnes looks to hire someone like Hayes as the #2.
Thanks. I knew of the Haith connection. Just wasn't relating the connection back to Barnes thru Haith at Texas. Any idea how he is as a recruiter?

VN Store

Back