Assistant Coach Lacey Goldwire is leaving Tennessee

So could I, which speaks to the overall incompetence of the program and UT sports in general. She's been an assistant at a mid-major that has gone 19-33 in the two whole seasons she's been there.

She's much more highly thought of in the women's basketball coaching community than she is at your place, apparently.

Vargas stepping down when Pointer returned and got a decent transfer and I think other seniors to return. This stepping down screams fishy unless LSU has Chris Dailey or Sue Bird as their new coach. Clearly being sarcastic on the next hire, but Vargas stepping down after some positive tweets about being good again, and then bam weeks later steps down? Is Will Wade causing both basketball teams to get in NCAA trouble. Or does Harley Warlick need someone for a summer ride? I sincerely hope Vargas is ok, this seems out of nowhere.

There are two hires to be made. Maybe you missed that bit of information. I know what Deerpark12 said but He didn't say both hires.

Unless the deal falls through, I know for a fact one of the hires will be outside of the family. Not sure about the other. There will be a wide net and a lot of different possibilities for the second assistant.

Unless the deal falls through, I know for a fact one of the hires will be outside of the family. Not sure about the other. There will be a wide net and a lot of different possibilities for the second assistant.
I understood that. It doesn't matter to me whether one of them is in family or not. I was speculating early on when the comment about about a sitting head coach at a mid major was going to be an assistant. Appreciate the info you bring.

Someone said the paperwork was done. Does that mean the negotiations are done, agreements made and all that is left is to sign?

He didn't miss it. Just didn't fit his agenda.

Huh? I guess OM missed this thread is about Goldwire. Samantha Williams, the outside the family hire, will clearly be replacing her role as lead recruiter. If Avant-Sumski or some other former LV is the second hire, she would be filling Sullivan's spot...

VN Store

Back