Ask Behr anything about anything not related to food

I asked on the BBQ and Grill thread in the Pub, but I think they’re all still at work. Dadgum Central time zone people!

We’re grilling a whole cleaned snapper at a whopping 1.36 lbs on the Weber charcoal grill.

I know that I will regret asking this in the Zone, but how long per side? And do you start it over the coals and then move to indirect, or what? We’re using a fish basket.

I asked on the BBQ and Grill thread in the Pub, but I think they’re all still at work. Dadgum Central time zone people!

We’re grilling a whole cleaned snapper at a whopping 1.36 lbs on the Weber charcoal grill.

I know that I will regret asking this in the Zone, but how long per side? And do you start it over the coals and then move to indirect, or what? We’re using a fish basket.
Grilled Whole Red Snapper

I’d follow that recipe though. Medium direct heat. Probably around 7-8 per side
For a 1.36 lb fish?? — I’m ok with that, as long as you realize it’s not Moby Dick here.

PS: they sold it as “dressed”, and they had gutted and de-scaled, but the gills were still in. Whiskey tango foxtrot. Why do 2/3 of the job and not the whole thing?

Reactions: Souce
For a 1.36 lb fish?? — I’m ok with that, as long as you realize it’s not Moby Dick here.

PS: they sold it as “dressed”, and they had gutted and de-scaled, but the gills were still in. Whiskey tango foxtrot. Why do 2/3 of the job and not the whole thing?
Well then I’m lost. I won’t lie. I bought a instant read digital thermometer and I just swear by that thing now. Only thing I can eyeball are steaks are now.

2 hours per side over open flame.

VN Store

Back