Aside From Recruiting, What Should CJP Focus On First After Tonight?

His fist two years will be spend putting less talented players in perfect position (Think Vandy). After that his recruits will be in place and he can run the defense how he really wants to.

Reactions: 2 people
Finalizing the staff, Strength and Conditioning for each player and getting the new graphics up on the back of the Jumbotron.

Holding a team in the National Title game to 13 points in the first half is respectable. Scoring ZERO points is not. Saban needs to worry about his offense.

An offensive guru. I'm not sold on Helton. I think he's a better QB coach not an OC.

Holding a team in the National Title game to 13 points in the first half is respectable. Scoring ZERO points is not. Saban needs to worry about his offense.

Seven points in the second half was more impressive. Watching the defense and seeing the OLs and DLs - both teams - brought back memories of something not seen in Tennessee uniforms for over ten years.

Based on several views on here.....maybe a Presser and apologize for getting the job instead of Gruden, Leach, and about a dozen other sure bets outside of this Bammer Man they had to go to. Short of burning all his Bammer Clothing at the rock, some brainiacs wearing the orange "aint" gonna get on board with this Coach.
I feel sorry for them...............:loco:

Based on several views on here.....maybe a Presser and apologize for getting the job instead of Gruden, Leach, and about a dozen other sure bets outside of this Bammer Man they had to go to. Short of burning all his Bammer Clothing at the rock, some brainiacs wearing the orange "aint" gonna get on board with this Coach.

I kinda feel sorry for fans who get more wrapped up in worshiping a coach and living vicariously through other programs than pulling for their own program.

Happens every time a new coach is hired around here.

I feel that the first thing Coach Jeremy Pruitt should focus on is LoS play. We got pushed around at the LoS last year on both sides of the ball. As a result, we were winless in the SEC, a LoS league, which is completely unacceptable.

Below are two major issues that stem from last year's poor LoS play:

1. Since the OL couldn't block, the QB and RB play suffered.

2. DL got some push up front, but could not sustain that push over 60 minutes due to offense not being able to keep them off the field.

This is where I feel CJP needs to focus first. If he can improve our OL, I expect to see QB and RB play improve significantly and, as a result, significantly improve our offense. Also, if our offense improves, our defense will improve as well.

What are your thoughts?

???

No one on the staff can coach technique right now, and no one but the SC coach can coach them at all.

He needs to be working with the SC coach on a plan to get them stronger/faster/more conditioned. He needs to be working with the SC Coach on a plan to change the loser culture.

He needs to be recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.

He needs to be meeting with the other coaches, reviewing talent, and coming up with a plan to use strengths and cover weaknesses.

But I don't think he can do anything about the line right now, as far as direct coaching.

Reactions: 1 person

Burning all of his bama gear at the rock would be a good start. Then he could follow that up by winning some football games.

Reactions: 1 person
Step 1...Finish making all his staff hires and getting them all in K town.

Step 2...Having staff meetings and getting all of them assigned their specific areas of responsibilities and getting all job titles correct.

Step 3...Getting all specific job titles over to the UT sports so the website can correctly be updated for all our new coaches.

Step 4...Recruiting will soon again be legal for coaching visits, ect so all coaches will be assigned specific top recruits to go after and getting top recruits to come visit K town to push harder for commitments.

Step 5...While recruiting is making a very hard push for our top targets all D coaches will get together and all O coaches will get together and finish up putting our O and D playbooks together so Pruitt can add or subtract things and get the final playbooks put together.

Step 6...All coaches will be going over loads of film on all our remaining players to see what every player can and can not do so every Coordinator and position coach will know exactly what each player needs to focus on to get much better.

Step 7...Hold individual player meetings to get to know the players much better and teach each player exactly what is expected of them for next season.

Step 8...Get our new S & C coach all setup and knowing exactly what he's to get accomplished with each player for each position so his records are updated and he can push each player in the right direction according to what's expected of every player.

Step 8...Go house hunting with his wife and get a house bought ASAP so all the coaches families can get moved and settled into their new homes, schools, ect.

The sooner each coach buys a house and gets settled in the faster UT can stop paying for hotel rooms and save more $$$, LOL!

Things have been getting done all the time Pruitt has been in Bama but now things will speed up because there's loads to get done and Spring practice will be here before they know it.

Off we go folks and I believe this ride is going to be much more fun than our last rides were.

VFL...GBO!!!

Step 1...Finish making all his staff hires and getting them all in K town.

Step 2...Having staff meetings and getting all of them assigned their specific areas of responsibilities and getting all job titles correct.

Step 3...Getting all specific job titles over to the UT sports so the website can correctly be updated for all our new coaches.

Step 4...Recruiting will soon again be legal for coaching visits, ect so all coaches will be assigned specific top recruits to go after and getting top recruits to come visit K town to push harder for commitments.

Step 5...While recruiting is making a very hard push for our top targets all D coaches will get together and all O coaches will get together and finish up putting our O and D playbooks together so Pruitt can add or subtract things and get the final playbooks put together.

Step 6...All coaches will be going over loads of film on all our remaining players to see what every player can and can not do so every Coordinator and position coach will know exactly what each player needs to focus on to get much better.

Step 7...Hold individual player meetings to get to know the players much better and teach each player exactly what is expected of them for next season.

Step 8...Get our new S & C coach all setup and knowing exactly what he's to get accomplished with each player for each position so his records are updated and he can push each player in the right direction according to what's expected of every player.

Step 8...Go house hunting with his wife and get a house bought ASAP so all the coaches families can get moved and settled into their new homes, schools, ect.

The sooner each coach buys a house and gets settled in the faster UT can stop paying for hotel rooms and save more $$$, LOL!

Things have been getting done all the time Pruitt has been in Bama but now things will speed up because there's loads to get done and Spring practice will be here before they know it.

Off we go folks and I believe this ride is going to be much more fun than our last rides were.

VFL...GBO!!![/QUOTE
Very good list!

I feel that the first thing Coach Jeremy Pruitt should focus on is LoS play. We got pushed around at the LoS last year on both sides of the ball. As a result, we were winless in the SEC, a LoS league, which is completely unacceptable.

Below are two major issues that stem from last year's poor LoS play:

1. Since the OL couldn't block, the QB and RB play suffered.

2. DL got some push up front, but could not sustain that push over 60 minutes due to offense not being able to keep them off the field.

This is where I feel CJP needs to focus first. If he can improve our OL, I expect to see QB and RB play improve significantly and, as a result, significantly improve our offense. Also, if our offense improves, our defense will improve as well.

What are your thoughts?

Player development. In every sense of the word.

VN Store

Back