Aside From Recruiting, What Should CJP Focus On First After Tonight?

He is going to storm in and...set up his desk..and wait till spring practice.

A complete overhaul is needed. This is not a quick fix. The only thing he can do right now is recruit.

On the field, you're correct that we need to fix the LoS, as we have to correct everything using an inside-out philosophy. Start at the LoS and work outwards on both sides of the ball, because if you can't run or stop the run it doesn't really matter what you have at WR or CB

Off the field, we have to get rid of the loser's mentality. That's a cancer to a team. What we've experienced the last 10 years is what programs like Vanderbilt and Kentucky go through. The players get used to losing, and they go into games expecting to lose - maybe not all of them, but enough that the team is doomed from the get-go. Unfortunately, it's tough to change that.

This is not going to be easy for Pruitt. Somehow he's going to need to get a lot of good players to come in and not get infected with the culture of losing.

Reactions: 1 person
I’m no expert, so I will leave it to Pruitt to decide. Only bit of advice...no brick mailbox commercials.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Unquestionably, he should implement a plan to locate the perfect third down gangsta rap melody for use. It should include reference to a replacement motivation tool for the trash can. This is imperative.

1. Work on S&C, changing the culture to a winning mindset and setting the expectation that we will win and dominate every game.

2. Implement new offensive scheme with Tyson Helton, working with QB’s especially, getting the OL in shape to man handle people.

3. Implement new defensive scheme with Kevin Sherrer, move players to proper positions (including Byrd to CB, Taylor to OLB, etc) and educating our defense especially the leaders (DKjr, Tuttle, Warrior, Kelly, Bituli)

Got to coach them up...game is much simpler with excellent blocking and tackling. Very excited to get his legacy started.

Running everyone off that doesn't want to work, i.e. believed in the previous system. Evaluating those that are left and getting to work creating a lean, mean, football playing machine.

Recruiting never ends!

Leadership Reps...no seriously Leadership, expectations, vision, morale, teamwork.

S&C and Development: this is where we really need to make up ground.

If he has any time after that, he should probably burn the CBJ charts and procure the ones that are being used by 127 other Division I teams.

Also, he still has a few vacancies to fill.

Get the Administration to help him by giving him what he asks for, like Saban, Smart, Meyer, etc get instead of a hurdle to deal with. This is where Fulmer can help. The EmptyNeyland folks can help to by applying pressure as well

Reactions: 2 people
I feel that the first thing Coach Jeremy Pruitt should focus on is LoS play. We got pushed around at the LoS last year on both sides of the ball. As a result, we were winless in the SEC, a LoS league, which is completely unacceptable.

Below are two major issues that stem from last year's poor LoS play:

1. Since the OL couldn't block, the QB and RB play suffered.

2. DL got some push up front, but could not sustain that push over 60 minutes due to offense not being able to keep them off the field.

This is where I feel CJP needs to focus first. If he can improve our OL, I expect to see QB and RB play improve significantly and, as a result, significantly improve our offense. Also, if our offense improves, our defense will improve as well.

What are your thoughts?

Developing guarantano and the D-line

He should focus initially on destroying with fire any apparel,document, memento, or keepsake contaminated with the accursed Crimson A. He can then be baptized in the Tennessee River outside Neyland Stadium and begin his blessed new life at Tennessee and don the mantle of Robert Neyland,Johnny Majors, and Phillip Fulmer untainted by sin or corruption associated with the hated Tide.
Winner!!

He needs to coach OL. I don't know what they were taught with the previous staff, but the OL got beat up and down the field by schools like Appalachian State and UMass.

Unquestionably, he should implement a plan to locate the perfect third down gangsta rap melody for use. It should include reference to a replacement motivation tool for the trash can. This is imperative.

And have a uniform fashion show

Hand'em over to Fitz and let him work'em till they puke.. Haa

he's already seen we need LOS help on both sides of the ball...see who's been recruited...he's trying to fill a lot of squares all over and there's still some work to do...:)

GO VOLS!

Balanced efficient offense. Smash mouth aggressive defense. Build depth

VN Store

Back