article on ESPN right now

It's not been in a while, and it certainly isn't now... but just looking back at history...this rivalry was at one time a way bigger deal than the Iron bowl whether Bama fans wanna admit it or not.

It actual isn’t that big of a rivalry anymore, and not just because we call y’all Twelvessee. The fact is it was you guys that de-emphasized the rivalry when you started obsessing over Florida. UT-Alabama was a true rivalry, Florida is no such thing, they are just someone you need to beat to win the east. You could call it a mini rivalry I guess, but not a true rivalry. We need to beat LSU, generally, every year to win the west, but we keep it in perspective. They are one of our rivals, just not quite a rivalry.

I mean, when I hear a Vol fan say, now days, that they hate Alabama, I just don’t believe it. I remember when UT fans would say that as the spittle flew from their missing front tooth, with blood shot eyeballs. Then I believed y’all truly hated us. Now it’s as if you say it just because you’ve been taught that you are supposed to say it. It just has no feeling anymore.
Wow, I'm definitely going to change my opinion now that a Bammer tells me I should.

My ninth-grade science teacher used to tell my class that we were lost in the forest of ignorance. I'm afraid you're lost so far back in the sticks of it that you may have no hope of finding your way out.

It will always be the biggest rivalry to me, but according to the fuzzy math above, my backwards horizon is pretty far back now... :)

VN Store

Back