ART/CREATIVE THREAD ( all skill levels welcome )

LeBleu

Drop your work in here so we can see the progress, or when it's done. Let us Know if you stream what you work on. Drawings, paintings, videos, music, graphic designs, things created Tennessee as well of course. I'll drop in a couple of pieces to get it started. I got the idea from a cool piece that was posted by PeytonBerry

color reference.JPG jimsnip.JPG

lol, I've started switching to charcoal to get my Dark values, and pairing that up with my 6b's and 8b's. I want to start doing full charcoal though, but I've only used it exclusively twice so far.

I haven't worked with charcoal much since my figure drawing days. Have you ever heard of Staedtler Mars Lumograph Black Pencils? They are a mixture of graphite and carbon.
staedtler-mars-lumograph-black-100b-drawing-sketch-pencil-set-6-huanyo-1811-07-F1341323_1.jpg

Last edited:
That looks good, I've never used the pencils you posted but I've heard of them

That little slit of sunlight on the mountains to the right in the background of your study really looks good doesn't it? I like the decision on that.

Reactions: FrankenVol54
I accentuated that from the original painting. Ernst painted it in 1937 as a reaction to the tragedy of the Spanish Civil War, and the rise of Fascism in Europe at the time. Come to think of it, that sliver of sunlight could also be a far off burning city. It all kind of fits with present times as well. We'll keep it light and just call that little sliver a "happy accident"... as Bob Ross would say.

little something I've been working on

bigolboobies.jpg

I'm pretty much sold on Faber-Castell Polychromos. They are oil based and you can layer forever with them. I don't do any blending techniques, just layer upon layer to create depth. I also don't use the Black color pencil, preferring the richness of combining other colors to create shadows etc.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back