Art Briles reportedly fired

So I'm thinking UT has done a pretty good job taking action on our players after all. Heard Sirius XM say that a few weeks ago too

I'd be surprised if NCAA doesn't slap him with a show cause.

Calm down. Briles will be too radioactive for any major program to give him a look. The NCAA doesn't need to pull another Penn State cluster**** to keep Briles from getting a job.

Calm down. Briles will be too radioactive for any major program to give him a look. The NCAA doesn't need to pull another Penn State cluster**** to keep Briles from getting a job.

Umm, if they gave sweater vest show cause Briles is more than deserving.

I'd argue that Briles will lose any case of reaching a settlement. This would definitely fall under actions detrimental to the athletic program and/or school that would violate said contract.

Briles will get settlement on next 8 years of contract and move to NFL. A Dooley move.

Maybe to avoid litigation. The contract undoubtedly states the contract can be terminated for cause. Techincaly, they probably don't owe him another dime. However, it takes a lot of money to get the litigation engine up and running. Then again, I'm sure it contains a prevailing party provision as well, so it wouldn't be in Briles best interest to throw money in his pocket at a case that is a slam dunk for Baylor, just to have to pay all costs and Baylor's attorney fees on top of his own. In short, Briles doesn't have much bargaining power there because he's likely very, very in the wrong.

Dools was anther story. We fired him because he sucked and didn't meet expectations. Unfortunately, that's not enough to keep the money owed to him.

Reactions: 1 person
Umm, if they gave sweater vest show cause Briles is more than deserving.

Tressel actually broke NCAA rules. From what we know right now, Briles did not.

Let the folks in charge of Title IX deal with it. The NCAA's involvement won't help anything.

Tressel actually broke NCAA rules. From what we know right now, Briles did not.

Let the folks in charge of Title IX deal with it. The NCAA's involvement won't help anything.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. If it turns out that these complaints of rape were covered up by the coaching staff at Baylor, none of the ones involved should be anywhere close to a football field for a long time.

Yes, the NCAA should take a stance in this matter where the coaches are concerned.

Reactions: 2 people
Interim coach from the current staff for a season would probably be the smarter move.

I agree with this. Only exception is if you can pull the guy you really want now, which is doubtful given the situation and time of year.

VN Store

Back