Area 51

Legality isn't the only factor in determining what's just.
But in this case it is the factor plain and simple. You cross the line you get shot. It’s in black white and red. There isn’t a grey area here. It’s a dumb move and I hope for the good of natural selection if they cross that line, they pay the price

Reactions: CAVPUT
Motives don't justify actions, IMO, they just explain them. So no on that.

Actions would be justified depending on what they find.
Lol. So you are prejustifying their actions based on what they MIGHT find?

You dont get to break into a government building because someone MIGHT be held captive downstairs. And you are only going to be validated IF you find the person down stairs. If you are wrong you just committed a B&E.

What value will this information have for them to risk their lives? What is being withheld that would help the people?

It's still 100% theft. I am part of a credit union, doesnt mean I can just walk in and take information away. The elected leaders have said they cant have the info, and frankly I haven't heard of any one budging on this. So if you are going to argue the collective, the collective leaders have said no. And they may have to enforce this.

It's not punishing 650k for the actions of 1. This is punishing 650k individuals for their own actions.

650k would be a real good start for a FOI request. There is a process, they arent following it.

Also it looks like Area 51 has been declassified. Back in 2013. So this isnt a hunt for deep dark secrets, it's people not liking what they got and throwing a tantrum.

We arent a collective. The people dont share ownership of anything government related. I get that that doesnt fit your anarchist mind set but that's what we are. And unless you can point to something in the Constitution I fail to see why the government should think otherwise.

Nobody knows. No reason for anything else to be said, but since you brought it up, nobody said we own the government. And, it's not the same thing as theft if you're not stealing anything. Anybody can walk into a bank and ask questions. I can't go into Area 51 and I can't ask questions. Your analogies and tangents are so bad, irrelevant, and distracting.

Lol. So you are prejustifying their actions based on what they MIGHT find?

You dont get to break into a government building because someone MIGHT be held captive downstairs. And you are only going to be validated IF you find the person down stairs. If you are wrong you just committed a B&E.

I haven't prejustified them. I've asked a question.

Legality isn't the only factor in determining what's just.
How just are they when the government has already declassified info on Area 51?

This isnt about what's right or wrong. Its these people wanting to push past the border of acceptable actions.

If this 650k was just going to protest and form a human chain around Area 51 until they got their answer, that would be justified. Putting themselves needlessly in danger is never going to be just.

Nobody knows. No reason for anything else to be said, but since you brought it up, nobody said we own the government. And, it's not the same thing as theft if you're not stealing anything. Anybody can walk into a bank and ask questions. I can't go into Area 51 and I can't ask questions. Your analogies and tangents are so bad, irrelevant, and distracting.
No, you can. People have done it. The government has granted a freedom of information request. They arent getting told no questions, they're getting told no trespassing.

Jeffery T Richelson got one back in 2013.

Second time I have posted this. Not sure why you are ignoring this except to be obtuse and not admit defeat.

Can we circulate that there is also proof the world is flat, the JFK assassination answers, the truth about 9/11, Obama's Kenyan passport, hilary's email, all at area 51. We could get rid of a lot more of these guys.

Can we circulate that there is also proof the world is flat, the JFK assassination answers, the truth about 9/11, Obama's Kenyan passport, hilary's email, all at area 51. We could get rid of a lot more of these guys.
Please don't. I'd prefer my conspiracy theorist dad not end up with that group.

Reactions: volfanhill
No, you can. People have done it. The government has granted a freedom of information request. They arent getting told no questions, they're getting told no trespassing.

Jeffery T Richelson got one back in 2013.

Second time I have posted this. Not sure why you are ignoring this except to be obtuse and not admit defeat.

Post it a 3rd time, if you'd like. Just because you make a FOI request for real secrets doesn't mean you get answers. You think you're going to make a request for secrets so deep that you don't even know what to ask, but somehow you're going to get answers?...because you filed paperwork? I'm shocked this has to be said.

Post it a 3rd time, if you'd like. Just because you make a FOI request for real secrets doesn't mean you get answers. You think you're going to make a request for secrets so deep that you don't even know what to ask, but somehow you're going to get answers?...because you filed paperwork? I'm shocked this has to be said.
You think they are just going to walk in and the first place they look has Americas darkest deepest secrets on it? It's at least as naive as you are painting me to be.

Anything there is already gone. Was gone 20 plus years ago and anything left has now definitely been moved. It's a red herring.

Again you are justifying actions based on the possibility there is something to be justified about, after counter evidence has been presented. It makes no sense.

I haven't prejustified them. I've asked a question.
I asked my daughter who is in the Air Force, they're shooting everybody. She said since I was family, I was welcome to go shoot also. It's justified 😁

First off, probably 2/3 of those Internet Tough Guys who signed up to "raid Area 51" either won't show up, will be at a ComiCom conference elsewhere, or can't get gas money from their parents to attend. Then most of those who do have the cojones, gas, and navigational skills to get there won't last long once they realize they're going to be outside in the desert. So now we're down to maybe a hundred or so who will actually make a run at it.

None of them will get close. Drones? Jammed and/or shot down. Mad rush at Area 51? Stopped miles away by pros who know what they are doing, and are good at it. Forget the contract security. That's just the first line. The real guardians lie just beyond, and they are not going to fool around with a bunch of Mall Ninjas who are ill-trained, ill-equipped, and very much ill-prepared for what they are going to run into.

Non-event, but potentially a good story about what happens when sparrows f*** with eagles. Stay tuned.

If they're dumb enough to go through with this, would that be justification for the President to declare a national emergency and put the country under martial law?

The whole thing is just a lark. I’m sure there are a relative handful of nutjobs that think they’re signing on for some actual grand mass event but even those will be winnowed down by reality and logistics quite a bit before they ever even leave their homes. For the most part it’s just some social media silliness that a lot of people are having fun with.

Of course, it’s always just fun and games until someone loses an eye.

VN Store

Back