Are ya really?

Hate to find out that ESPN had them to purposely punish the fans so they could sit back and look down on the hicks.

Going to blame a bunch of 17 year olds as opposed to horrible officiating and athletes that lay down on the field so they can breath...Insane!

3 questions.

1) How do you know everyone that threw stuff were 17?

2) when you were 17, did you not know that throwing things at people is wrong?

3) why is bad officiating a legit excuse to act like idiots?

Throw trash on the field: littering fine

Hurt someone throwing trash on the field: assault? Idk

Being crappy refs repeatedly : fired

“Injuries”: player is out until the next possession. (Safety first)

3 questions.

1) How do you know everyone that threw stuff were 17?

2) when you were 17, did you not know that throwing things at people is wrong?

3) why is bad officiating a legit excuse to act like idiots?
1) 17-22...college kids
2) Yes
3) Cumulative...The point that I am making. It wasnt a good look and I dont condone it. However we can spend time trying to solve problems that arise from an issue till we all die....or solve the issue itself and be done. Besides..this has went on in multiple sports on multiple levels for years. Its not new.

Not sure if you are aware that a golf ball thrown from the stands onto the field can put someone in the hospital. So can a full bottle of water. It’s not a stupid narrative. What’s stupid is the decisions of some of our idiot fans who think that the outcome of a football game is worth seriously injuring someone.
What if that golf ball would have pinged Kiffin in the head.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Just wondering if any of the folks saying the students throwing things and should be charged, kicked out of sporting events, etc, are some of the same folks that say players are young, we all make mistakes, etc when a player gets arrested. Just wondering!!

Nope. 17 year olds know right from wrong. The they are only kids and we all make mistakes excuses are baloney. Plenty of people go to college and never screw up. People choose to do things. If they were drunk or stoned or whatever. That’s a choice they made. And those choices should not be ready made excuses for bad behavior.

FTR, I don’t think students should be kicked out or arrested over this.

1) 17-22...college kids
2) Yes
3) Cumulative...The point that I am making. It wasnt a good look and I dont condone it. However we can spend time trying to solve problems that arise from an issue till we all die....or solve the issue itself and be done. Besides..this has went on in multiple sports on multiple levels for years. Its not new.

This whole cumulative narrative that things built up and officiating is ridiculous. That’s built in excuses. As far as things happening in other sports, that’s irrelevant. It happened in our stadium. That’s all that matters. Using whataboutism is also ridiculous.

And no, 17-22 year olds aren’t just kids. When people say that, it’s yet again, built in excuses. I never got in trouble in college. Neither did any of my friends. People should be held accountable for what they do.

if these college kids go to jail...Im bailing them out...its a stupid narrative
Get your check book out and start writing. Defending law breaking kids leads to the situations we face in today's society. Abet those young undisciplined trouble makers if you wish, and if you are of that mind set, you are worse than they are.

Reactions: Tombo7
1) 17-22...college kids
2) Yes
I agree with you on #3. You are correct, we can solve the issue and be done with it quickly. We can do that by attempting to identify every single person that threw something last Saturday night and issuing them a lifetime ban from ever attending another UT event. The university should start teaching some pretty hard lessons. Throwing a temper tantrum is childish, petty, and uncalled for. It's even worse if you're still doing it as a college student. Grow up already because there are consequences for your actions.

The kind of pandering that you are suggesting to two generations of morons that this country is raising is a huge part of what is wrong with our society. We don't teach kids, or adults for that matter, to have any sort of moral obligation anymore. Instead we teach them to make "challenge" videos about eating laundry detergent, swallowing copious amounts of cinnamon that burns the lining of their throats, stealing random items at school, and beating up school administrators. It's absolutely disgusting and I fear for the future of this country.

We would all be a little happier knowing karma bit him back
I'm now convinced the ball didn't hit Kiffin at all. Fell to the ground right in front of him. On looking at the footage, one of the SEC-Network announcers said, "hit him in the elbow," but that's clearly wrong. Kiffin's arm, his right sleeve, never showed any signs of impact at all. He raised both arms in the air, but not until a half-second after the ball went by, like a reaction to seeing it rather than being hit by it.

You can check it out for yourself at 3:13:22 on the game video on YouTube. The ball is moving so fast relative to the camera shutter speed, it's a blur. But put the video on highest possible resolution (HD) and slow it down to 1/4 speed. You'll see the yellow ball streaking down from the top of the frame, right along the grey pants leg of the state trooper in front of Kiffin.

And then Kiffin tried to mislead the sideline reporter that the ball DID hit him, holding up the ball and saying, "this thing hurt!" When the reporter asked him "did it hit you?" Kiffin turned away without answering. Dude lies like Pinocchio.

Last edited:
How many of these threads can we have? Can we please just merge all of the threads on this issue… it’s getting old. LET IT GO. Focus on the game at hand. Jeeeez

I agree with you on #3. You are correct, we can solve the issue and be done with it quickly. We can do that by attempting to identify every single person that threw something last Saturday night and issuing them a lifetime ban from ever attending another UT event. The university should start teaching some pretty hard lessons. Throwing a temper tantrum is childish, petty, and uncalled for. It's even worse if you're still doing it as a college student. Grow up already because there are consequences for your actions.

The kind of pandering that you are suggesting to two generations of morons that this country is raising is a huge part of what is wrong with our society. We don't teach kids, or adults for that matter, to have any sort of moral obligation anymore. Instead we teach them to make "challenge" videos about eating laundry detergent, swallowing copious amounts of cinnamon that burns the lining of their throats, stealing random items at school, and beating up school administrators. It's absolutely disgusting and I fear for the future of this country.

Really?? Hey I’ve got an even better idea! On top of banning them for life let’s go into their bank accounts and monitor every transaction they make over $600!!! That’ll learn ‘em.

Get a grip dude

Going to blame a bunch of 17 year olds as opposed to horrible officiating and athletes that lay down on the field so they can breath...Insane!

17 years old is a stretch and I am pretty sure you know it. Hopefully they all are so they can be treated like juveniles and not have permanent marks. In reality, it was not "kids" throwing things but adults and sometimes people need a good whopping (from the law or parents) to set them straight. I am sure if your family had been hit by a full bottle or harder object from the upper level, you would probably view it differently.

If tables were turned and the exact scenario was played out by Ole Miss at home i.e. they got the bad calls, hated our coach, and the injuries and then they started pelting the Vols, would you be so lenient in calling for no punishment?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Student or not, actions and choices have consequences, and the people chucking stuff on the field don’t get to be the ones to decide what those are. Kind of a life lesson for the students, and a “you’d have thunk you would have figured this out by now” for the adults. I’m not for perma-bans or anything heavy-handed, but the university pretty much has to do something, or the takeaway value becomes “oh I can do this any time and nothing happens”.

Reactions: volkyries
So what do you think the punishment should be for the people that threw trash on the field?

If they can bring themselves to throw their trash on our home field, ban them for 10 years, perhaps after accruing a decade worth of wisdom they may learn how to conduct themselves as adults & not as whining pre-schoolers.

It cost the university 250k. I don't think they view it has a waste of time.

They paid a coach a million bucks to be here for what.....2 months? They university shouldn't be casting stones when it comes to paying the "stupid tax".

if these college kids go to jail...Im bailing them out...its a stupid narrative

Arresting people for potentially injuring people (and make no mistake, some people were indeed injured) is a stupid narrative? Wow.

VN Store

Back