• 5-10

Votes: 117 40.1%
  • 10-15

Votes: 71 24.3%
  • Top 25

Votes: 16 5.5%

• Total voters

10acvols

I can be as big a homer as anyone. And, i'm not saying we won't be really good, but are we really a top 5 program? IMO 10-15 isn't out of the question. Even making a deep run into the elite 8 or final 4 isn't out of the question.

I just can't see us being sold as a top 5 team with all the elite programs out there. Guess it's just hard to wrap my head around us having a basketball team getting so much pre season respect. Not to mention, it'll give us something to look to should football season take a turn for the worse.

Last edited:
basically same team as last year, a healthy Alexander and we were Final Four. This year, more experience across the board and more help for Alexander that is more experienced.

Reactions: marvin616
Alexander iis a big key for sure. If he can reach his potential on the offensive end, and maybe add 15 pounds of muscle, we could be very hard to match up with.

Reactions: marvin616
A lot of folks gunning for us this year, and won’t sneak up on anyone....that being said, we have experience, and have a very solid 2 deep. Everything has to go just right, but Nova won last year with awesome talent, but more than anything, upperclassmen leadership....we’ve got that in spades, so WHY NOT US??? Go Vols.

I think Tennessee is the #5 or #6 team in America going into the 2018-2019 season and i think they will win the 2018-2019 SEC Regular Season Championship.

Reactions: beamerman
I think they are very deserving of a Top 10 ranking, probably Top 8...but I think we most likely are Top 12-15 most of the year.

Voted 5-10. I won’t doubt Rick Barnes again. I talked to a family at a baseball game from West Virginia. They went to the Bahamas to see the basketball tournament last year and flew home on a flight with the Vols. Every one of them raved about Coach Rick Barnes and how fun and he and the team were. Dad said Kyle Alexander was a gentleman and ask how old the very attractive daughter was. She told him 15 and he was very nice but obviously changed his approach to her after that. The dad appreciated that because the girl definitely looked a lot older.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
I went with 10-15 and that's not UT's regular season ranking it's where I expect them to finish in the NCAA Tourney. Sweet 16, at the least, with the right match-up like last year, I can see Elite 8 or dare I say it, a Final 4 berth. Alexander, Pons, JJ and especially imo, Walker and Bone will determine if UT is an Elite 8 or better team

This is Tennessee. I've learned to expect the worse and than be elated with any success. I'd guess about 10-15.

I can be as big a homer as anyone. And, i'm not saying we won't be really good, but are we really a top 5 program? IMO 10-15 isn't out of the question. Even making a deep run into the elite 8 or final 4 isn't out of the question.

I just can't see us being sold as a top 5 team with all the elite programs out there. Guess it's just hard to wrap my head around us having a basketball team getting so much pre season respect. Not to mention, it'll give us something to look to should football season take a turn for the worse.

why be negative?

relax and enjoy the number three pre-season ranking that has been floated

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I picked us being in the 5-10 range. As crazy as this sounds, we may actually finish the regular season with 25+ wins. "Its not where you start, but where you finish that matters." - By Some Famous Guy

Normally I would vote conservative on this but, I just saw a team photo and was blown away by the muscular nature of this team. These guys have been working and we know what that brings. We have some under class men that will break out this year giving us a deeeeep bench. We also have great leadership from our upper classmen.

We have a winner! Top 5 all the way.

Reactions: Special Ed
I have learned that each season is it's own individual masterpiece (or not!). There is not always continuity from one season to the next.

That being said, I think Tennessee has just as much reason for optimism as anyone out there. If the players have put in their time in the gym, and in the the workout room, then the sky is the limit. We have several guys who need to grow into new and bigger roles. If that happens, then we are going to be a force to contend with.

VN Store

Back