21. LSU

College Baseball Nation
1. Tennessee
2. Arkansas
11. Ole Miss
12. Vanderbilt
15. Florida
21. LSU

It has been a long time since the top overall seed won the championship (1999, I believe), and we all know the rankings at the end of March aren't that important in the grand scheme of things, but it's cool to see the team achieve its first-ever #1 ranking. What a season so far.

Ark fan here. Wanted to jump on and pay my respects to the Tenn baseball team. As I have seen your scores in the early season, I (and many other Hog fans) have marveled at what the team has done.

But to go to Oxford and sweep the #1 team in the land and how y’all did it is extremely impressive. Kudos to Tony V and those kids on the team . Y’all are the real deal. It’s looking like 2022 will be a Big Orange year in SEC baseball. Congrats on the #1 ranking. Well deserved IMHO.

Oh, by the way, Ark may be right behind Tenn in some of the rankings, but, trust me, there is a significant gap between the 2 teams. Hogs got a LOT of things to work out. Tenn is a freaking machine.

Last edited:
Ark fan here. Wanted to jump on and pay my respects to the Tenn baseball team. As I have seen your scores in the early season, I (and many other Hog fans) have marveled at what the team has done.

But to go to Oxford and sweep the #1 team in the land and how y’all did it is extremely impressive. Kudos to Tony V and those kids on the team . Y’all are the real deal. It’s looking like 2022 will be a Big Orange year in SEC baseball. Congrats on the #1 ranking. Well deserved IMHO.

Oh, by the way, Ark may be right behind Tenn in some of the rankings, but, trust me, there is a significant gap between the 2 teams. Hogs got a LOT of things to work out. Tenn is a freaking machine.
Appreciate it Hog bro. You're team is easily tops in the SEC (west). Wish we had a series with yall this season. Hopefully we see you in Hoover

Thanks. Classy post.

Contributions by knowledgeable college baseball fans of all stripes are welcomed here, IMO. Like all forums, we may have some folks who get bent out of shape, but I think overall we’re a pretty reasonable bunch. Welcome.

this post is what the game should be about!! Awesome to hear a fan being honest. Very much Respect!!!

Thanks. Welcome to the board.

Hogs are not just for bacon anymore.

2022 may be the year our fortunes in sports start to change. First time winning the men’s basketball SECT since ‘79. Lady Vols end their longest Sweet 16 drought. Highest rated QB to commit to us since 2002. First time being ranked #1 in baseball. Good things are happening.

You are making it difficult for me to live up to my name

VN Store

Back