Are we #1 now?

You are making it difficult for me to live up to my name
Hey Hoghater. I hear ya. We hog fans are very sensitive to how others perceive us. We dont get the limelight and the national love like other programs. We thought last year was our year but being the overall #1 seed can be cruel and we found that out. We get a little full of ourselves and spout off some obnoxious stuff.

But as I watched the early season scores, I could not deny the juggernaut that Tenn has become. Then when I found out the Vols best pitcher isnt even playing yet, that was all I needed to see. I thought we had a helluva series in Knoxvegas last year. Was sad to see that we dont see each other this year--although it is probably a blessing in disguise and we might should be thankful.

Anyway, I remember Rod Delmonico from years ago. My daughter and her mother both went to Knoxville so I have kept my eye on UT over the years. But when you guys hired Vitello, I knew it was just a matter of time. He is a special dude and Tenn baseball is in for a growth spurt like its hasnt seen in a while.

So when you may read or hear some overly rowdy Hog fans and you just cannot believe what you saw or heard, remember that we all arent like that. Oh if we play, I want to beat you because I want to beat the best and this year, that seems to be you. But after its all over, I want to raise a glass of whatever your favorite beverage is and shake hands. So good luck in the SEC. I will be watching the Vols as much as I can. Maybe we can have a showdown in the finals of the SEC Tourney and then meet in Omaha for a best of 3.

Hey Hoghater. I hear ya. We hog fans are very sensitive to how others perceive us. We dont get the limelight and the national love like other programs. We thought last year was our year but being the overall #1 seed can be cruel and we found that out. We get a little full of ourselves and spout off some obnoxious stuff.

But as I watched the early season scores, I could not deny the juggernaut that Tenn has become. Then when I found out the Vols best pitcher isnt even playing yet, that was all I needed to see. I thought we had a helluva series in Knoxvegas last year. Was sad to see that we dont see each other this year--although it is probably a blessing in disguise and we might should be thankful.

Anyway, I remember Rod Delmonico from years ago. My daughter and her mother both went to Knoxville so I have kept my eye on UT over the years. But when you guys hired Vitello, I knew it was just a matter of time. He is a special dude and Tenn baseball is in for a growth spurt like its hasnt seen in a while.

So when you may read or hear some overly rowdy Hog fans and you just cannot believe what you saw or heard, remember that we all arent like that. Oh if we play, I want to beat you because I want to beat the best and this year, that seems to be you. But after its all over, I want to raise a glass of whatever your favorite beverage is and shake hands. So good luck in the SEC. I will be watching the Vols as much as I can. Maybe we can have a showdown in the finals of the SEC Tourney and then meet in Omaha for a best of 3.
Las year’s series was epic. Settled by 1 run over the entire weekend. Great baseball.

VN Store

Back